Stupid x-mas

Options
Feeling like crud. I just downed about 10 cookies prob more! I did do good this whole season so I am not going to beat myself up :noway:

Replies

• breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Well. it's still pretty early, I say pound the pavement and then the damage can be minimized, plus....hey it's Christmas treat your self some, can't deny every time...life would suck!!
  • missjenn
    missjenn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    that was me yesterday with m&ms. Today I can't even look at chocolate without feeling sick. Try not to worry about what already happened and get back on track.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    The question to ask urbina, is this: "Are you going to do that again today? How about tomorrow, and the next day? ...etc." If the answer is no, then you'll be fine. Remember, there's a huge difference between having a bad food day, and quitting. The former is a momentary blip, the latter is what happens when you over think the blip.

Remember, 10 cookies, even if they are ten giant, awesomely sugary, fat filled cookies won't add much more then 1/2 a lb maximum. And really in the grand scheme of things, isn't 1/2 a pound just an extremely small little hurdle? Nothing to get overly troubled by.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    The question to ask urbina, is this: "Are you going to do that again today? How about tomorrow, and the next day? ...etc." If the answer is no, then you'll be fine. Remember, there's a huge difference between having a bad food day, and quitting. The former is a momentary blip, the latter is what happens when you over think the blip.

Remember, 10 cookies, even if they are ten giant, awesomely sugary, fat filled cookies won't add much more then 1/2 a lb maximum. And really in the grand scheme of things, isn't 1/2 a pound just an extremely small little hurdle? Nothing to get overly troubled by.

Your answer: Not today. I get my boyfriends mother's cookies once a year (x-mas) so I am going to save that for x-mas eve. I eat very healthy so I am not too worried. I have Jan-may to really worry about it. I usually eat what I want the week til x-mas its my pwn tradition lol!!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    that was me yesterday with m&ms. Today I can't even look at chocolate without feeling sick. Try not to worry about what already happened and get back on track.

Omg I feel so sick lol. I havent eaten lunch yet cuz I feel gross!
  • jmg_00
    jmg_00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like this illustration...a diet is like a basket of eggs. If you mess up, it's like dropping an egg on the floor. You wouldn't give up over that one little egg and throw the entire basket of eggs on the floor, right? We just clean up our little "messes" and keep going!:wink::smile:
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    I did the same thing and was totally beating myself up and discouraged and my personal trainer even told me that one bad day isn't going to kill me as long as I do good the rest of the week. So enjoy those cookies and workout and eat healthy the rest of the week and you'll be fine.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    I like that :)
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    I like this illustration...a diet is like a basket of eggs. If you mess up, it's like dropping an egg on the floor. You wouldn't give up over that one little egg and throw the entire basket of eggs on the floor, right? We just clean up our little "messes" and keep going!:wink::smile:

That's a great way of thinking about it! I'm going to have to remember that.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options

LOL, my Weight Watchers leader started out our last meeting saying ... "The other night I was cooking this GREAT dinner! I was so excited. Then, I dropped a plate on the floor and broke it. So, I just got so frustrated I threw ALL of my plates on the floor and broke them!" :laugh: