Nursing student in need of some support.

Options
Hey guys I have been on here for about a month and have lost 22 pounds so far. I am in upstate NY and in nursing school. I haven't got a whole lot of time for just about anything but lately my home support has been lacking. Something about not enough progress in the last month or so and they get tired of hearing how well I'm doing. But anyway thought I would come here and look for some new friends.

Replies

• idabug3
    idabug3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    22LBS?! Way to , I am very happy to know how well you are doing, losing that much weight isn't easy. It takes work, fortitude and stick-to-it-ivness. Your doing great, do not be discouraged, ok? There's a whole community here to cheer you on. best wishes.:happy:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Friend me!!! I am an R.N. Started out as an L.P.N. and went back for more. I know how hard it is and what you are going through. Keep your chin up. You can do this!!!
  • dagucrew
    dagucrew Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey spainton! I just joined myself. 22 lbs since June? wow!! That's excellent! My daughter will be in nursing school next year and I know she doesn't expect to have a lot of free time. How are you managing exercise? I am taking care of my mother who's 83 and has some health issues. She moved in with us in April. There are a lot of dr. visits and tests and more dr. visits. ugh! I work from home, so that's a plus, but my schedule is wonky. that's not a plus! Anyway-it sounds like you must be doing something right!
  • spainton1
    spainton1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Exercise is something I can only do when I can fit it in but I try to walk and listen to lectures (my school lets us tape them) which seems to be working out for me. I do some small exercises here and there, for instance while dusting I do a couple extra squats and putting away groceries I do a few curls with the gallon of milk. Things like that. And good luck to your daughter, it's hard but it is sooo worth it. Just don't expect much of a social life while your in school is all.
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. I just had a baby 3 months ago and lost 24 lbs and am back to pre baby weight...but I have like 40lbs I wanna lose and I am starting nursing school next month. I am already having a hard time staying on track since I have gone back to work so idk what I am gonna do when school starts
  • BeautyIsABeast
    BeautyIsABeast Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hey girly. You can definately friend me. Im a pre-medicine major...I also work as a substitute teacher and I do home health care as a CNA on the side of that. Not to mention a slew of extra curricular activities. I know about lack of time:-). Its all about planning. And your doing your thing hun! You better not get discouraged. How could you?! Your progress is awesome!! I know exactly what your talking about when you said 'they are tired of hearing about how well you are doing. Well let your body speak for itself. You have my support (and your family's too. You know how family is. They're our worst best friends lol). I Look forward to sharing war stories with you...as well as succes stories :-) Hope to hear from you soon.

-Julie
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Hi!!!

I am going into my 2nd year of Nursing School in the Fall. It is SOO stressful I gained a ton last year (20 lbs which I thankfully now lost, but I am continuing my journey) just from mindless eating and STUDYING 24/7. I know the HELL that it becomes...so friend me if you think it'll help you to bounce stuff off someone in the same boat. :)))

Cheers!