quick breakfasts!

Options
niknak333
niknak333 Posts: 19 Member
does anyone have any suggestions for quick/low calorie breakfast foods?

i very rarely have time to make breakfast in the morning so i always grab something quick and easy but i'm getting bored and finding myself munching by 10.

i generally try to keep my breakfast under 200 calories during the week so some of my typical breakfasts are:

special k crisp and fruit
low fat nutrigrain waffles with fruit
light toast with jelly and fruit
greek yogurt and fruit

considering the lack of variety, i am getting very bored of eating the same thing over and over.

does anyone have any suggestions? preferably something filling that doesn't require pots and pans :)

ps - i'm a vegetarian.

Replies

• waterships
    Options
    Hi. How about using the microwave to make scrambled eggs? Pour egg whites in a ziploc, seal it and pop it in the micro. Takes a minute or so, on a low heat. You can top it with chopped tomato, low fat cheese, or left over veggies.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal that I make the night before in a to-go jar.

5 ingredients and so tasty.

My version is right around 230 calories.
    1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
    1/3 cup nonfat milk
    2 T. ground flax
    1/4 cup Greek Gods nonfat plain yogurt
    1/3 cup frozen raspberries (sometimes I use strawberries or blueberries)
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal
    Green smoothies
    Make ahead egg muffin sandwiches
    Make ahead muffin tin quiche
    Make ahead breakfast burritos
    Dinner leftovers

When I worked I frequently made my breakfast in bulk and froze it or made it the night before and brought it with me to work and re-heated it there. I had to be at work at 7 and usually wasn't hungry yet for breakfast at 5:30 when it was time for me to leave.
  • niknak333
    niknak333 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    great suggestions, thank you!
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My dad turned me on to making smoothies in the a.m. I take a quarter cup oatmeal, 1 cup 1% milk (use what ever milk you want), one half cup fruit, and ice to thicken. It is pretty good and filling. I usually find I need a snack a few hours later because this does lack protein.
  • katelouiseoz
    Options
    Boil some eggs the night before and have with spinach and spelt bread... it's YUM! my favourite!
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    two pieces of toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on each. Yummy and super quick!
  • fitfoxxymama
    fitfoxxymama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how about quaker oats instant weight control oatmeal..i like it with either one tablespoon of craisins or one tablespoon of pecans and half a banana.... or try making a batch of wheat pancakes and a pack of turkey bacon for the week..with low cal syrup....
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with chia seeds and berries is quick and filling!
  • run17
    run17 Posts: 27
    Options
    whole grain or low carb tortilla wraps with peanut butter and apple or banana. If you don't eat nuts you can spread laughing cow light cinnamon cream cheese spread with apples and raisins.

smoothies with fresh fruit or veggies, greek yogurt or whey protein powder. you can add flax seed, cinnamon and natural fruit juice.
    mini whole wheat bagels with laughing cow light swiss or herb cheese- chopped veggies on top- cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes ect.
    chop the veggies in advance and keep them in an airtight container.

enjoy
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and for breakfasts I like:

cereal and almond milk with a coffee (usually just over 200 cal)

pb and jelly sandwich on high fiber high protein pita with a coffee (also usually right around 200 cal)

protein smoothie (fruit, protein powder, flax/chia seeds)

tofu scramble (tofu with salsa, veggies and non dairy cheese)

cream of wheat or oatmeal with almond milk and a coffee

breakfast polenta and pancake syrup

waffles and syrup

protein bar and an apple

**my breakfasts are pretty much always 200-250 calories and I try to make sure they are high in protein and fiber. I always have a coffee.....I need my morning dose of caffeine**
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    What about ...
    oatmeal and a piece of fruit
    A shake (if you don't have time in the morning, make it the night before and put it in the fridge)
    fibre one bar and fruit
    fibre one type bar, fruit, and a cheese string/stick

I have no time for breakfast, so these above are my go-to's....
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sanitarium up & go drink
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    **bump** for later!
  • frycase
    frycase Posts: 43
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/wake_up_smoothie.html

I've been making this every morning. I've been using about half and half strawberries and blueberries, and instead of sugar I've been using raspberry-flavoured agave nectar. (Which is technically a few more calories per serving than sugar but you can use less of it. Or, hell, nothing at all, it's also pretty good without.)

That website actually has lots of ideas for smoothies. That's the only one I've tried, but when I get tired of it I'll probably move on to another one. Smoothies are always so easy to do in the morning.
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My new fave is multigrain toast with low fat ricotta, walnuts and honey along with a cup of green tea. Quick, easy, healthy and yummy :)
  • goalin2012
    goalin2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    quick? and good? well depends on how fast you are lol u could actually do an omelette, egg or egg whites and throw in some veggies, i love onions, peppers and mushrooms only tkes about 5 mins and enjoy. Again this depends on your fastness lol so good luck
  • goalin2012
    goalin2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have heard of chia seeds how do they taste and how are they good for us? help
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I love a Kashi Blueberry waffle with jam and a Morning Star Farms Maple Sausage patty.