Options
ybodwen
ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
What shampoo do you use? Thanks :)

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I use fructis, but my daughter who is a blonde uses old fashioned Johnson and Johnsons baby shampoo it is a great clarifying shampoo.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Nothing special, I just use my Loreal Elseeve for damaged hair because I have dry & damaged hair.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I use Tresemme or however it's spelled - the climate control kind.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I use a color preserving Pantene shampoo and conditioner and swim with a swim cap to get as little pool water in my hair as possible.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Swim-Shampoo-Replenishing-Moisturizer/dp/B000H8ADQG

This ^^^ but I buy it at Safeway. Its good for color treated hair and it smells nice!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What are your hair issues?
    Too dry?... changing color from chemicals?
    Wet your hair with regular water before you get in the pool... and rinse when you get out...
    Use any professional grade clarifying shampoo one-three x a week.(I like Paul mitchell.)
    It's ok once in a while if you have color treated hair to use a clarifier...
    And if you have the hair texture that can handle it... use a leave in conditioner.
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dove Intensive Repair- but I only wash my hair twice a week, I find many times after swimming it's less damaging to rinse and condition. I have long curly hair so moisture is important!
  • lakerb85
    lakerb85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Make sure to get your hair soaked with shower water before getting in the pool so it can't absorb as much chlorine. When I was on swim team in high school I tried the special shampoo for chlorine, (don't remember the name) but I didn't notice a difference. I'm not swimming anymore, but Aveda's Damage Remedy conditioner is amazing if your hair is dry or damaged!
  • Kathynealen
    Kathynealen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My current favorite shampoo is Garnier Fructis. Recently I read that if you get your hair wet in the shower before getting into the pool, your hair will absorb fewer pool chemicals. I have been trying to do this; and, it seems to be helping a bit.