Two Month Plateau and Discouraged.

Options
I am so very frustrated. I am 5'3" and weigh 169lbs. I have been trying to lose weight since February. I lost 30 lbs doing Medifast but due to cost and the effects of the soy, I stopped. I then began using MFP. Since then, I have not lost any weight and now I am starting to gain:( I am so discouraged and not sure what to do to get things started. Would anyone be willing to look at my diary and help me out?

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    me too. i'm avoiding the reset.. but probably will start. i'm just happy how far i've come so i'm not beating myself up.. i'll get it sorted out... check out the eat more to lose group..
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, your carb and fat intake is really high, and you're not getting enough protein.

And yes, check out "Eat More to Weigh Less" in the groups.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I checked out your food diary....are your calories correct based on your TDEE and BMR? Also what work out are you doing? are you lifting weights? Water consumption?

Have you tried to clean up your diet some with more veggies, LESS SUGAR? Also can stair step calories, eat more for two days, then go under for a couple of days, then back up....staggering is better than eating the same calories every day.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, your carb and fat intake is really high, and you're not getting enough protein.

And yes, check out "Eat More to Weigh Less" in the groups.

^^this

and your sugars are waaaaaayyyy high
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    This is funny because I am 5'3" and weigh 173 and am stuck too. Lotsof veggies and fruit, more protein, lots of cardio, cut back on cheat days. That's my plan. Hopefully it will work. Maybe you could try those things too. Good luck!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    More protein, less carbs. Avoid the ice cream and m and m's.

Organize your meals around lean proteins, fresh fruits, veggies, and healthy fats-avocado, almonds, olive oil, etc.

Clean it up and drink as much water as you possibly can tolerate.
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking the water suggested? Check your sodium intake also. Be patient too.
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. I would clean up my diet and ditch the late night cookies and ice cream. If you are craving something sweet make it some plain yogurt with berries and a bit of raw honey. Also have you been working out since you started medifast? do you get any rest days? I would change my diet and rest for about a week and see how that works out.
  • nangel4u
    nangel4u Posts: 119
    Options
    I understand your pain and when I was in a plateau for a whole month, I tried a different exercise routine "Insanity" and that changed.....I am on week 7 and lost 14 pounds and LOTS of inches!!!!! Alot of people told me that when you hit a plateau, you should try new exercises to change up your body, I hope this helps!
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    From what I can see you are taking in alot of refined sugars. Try and go for the natural sugars such as in your fruits, etc. I also see that you are eating lots of Ice cream. Ice cream is good don't get me wrong, but try to limit yourself to maybe only once a week. Also I haven't gone through all of your diary, are you eating back your exercise calories? If so try and limit this as well. I ahve found that If I do I gain the weight back. Some say that they have great success doing so But I for one do not.

Good luck in your journey.
  • Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Eat a lot more protein, and try to cut back on the carbs, especially the sugar. Even though you are eating desssert bars, etc with fiber, they are still dessert. You have several "sweets" items per day.

Almonds are a good source of protein, as are lean chicken breasts. Purdue sells perfect portion chicken with one breast each in a sealed bag, either marinated or plain. These are super easy to cook especially one at a time, and taste pretty good. I sometimes put marinate or BBQ sauce on the plain ones. You get 5 invidually portioned pieces in a larger bag, and you can freeze the ones you don' think you'll use right away.
  • robbieswife86
    Options
    I checked out your food diary....are your calories correct based on your TDEE and BMR? Also what work out are you doing? are you lifting weights? Water consumption?

Have you tried to clean up your diet some with more veggies, LESS SUGAR? Also can stair step calories, eat more for two days, then go under for a couple of days, then back up....staggering is better than eating the same calories every day.
  • Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    PS- you can change which nutrients MFP displays. I added in sugar and sodium, and have found that really helpful. Their recommendation for sugar is only 30 grams per day, which I hit easily due to the sugar in dairy (I eat a lot of milk and greek yogurt), bread, and occasional reeses pieces, and fruit puts me over, but I don't worry about these natural sugars. I think if you start tracking your sugar, you'll be shocked to see how much of your diet is made up of it.

I know it is hard to cut back on sweets. Good luck!
  • avstubbe
    avstubbe Posts: 2
    Options
    I recommend more whole foods: vegetables, fruits, grains and way less processed food (Fiber One bars, ice cream) and sugar. Also, I try to follow the "no eating after 7pm" rule. Good luck!
  • robbieswife86
    Options
    I am doing Rockin Body by Shaun T and using my elliptical. Thanks so much for looking at this. I didn't even realize how many times I was grabbing a brownie a day. I am just using the calories that MFP recommends. I am going to cut out these sweets and add some fruits, veggies and protein and see what happens! Thanks also for not slaughtering me here:)
  • robbieswife86
    Options

Almonds are a good source of protein, as are lean chicken breasts. Purdue sells perfect portion chicken with one breast each in a sealed bag, either marinated or plain. These are super easy to cook especially one at a time, and taste pretty good. I sometimes put marinate or BBQ sauce on the plain ones. You get 5 invidually portioned pieces in a larger bag, and you can freeze the ones you don' think you'll use right away.

I am going to check these out. Can you find them in the fresh meat department?
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    It is super easy to criticise someone else.... how much water do you drink daily? Did you know you can track other nutrients? I highly suggest you also track sugar and sodium.... I get having a treat daily as I do it too, but you often have 3 or more a day which is nothing more than empty calories adding a ton of sugar and sodium to your day. Do you realize how much cheese you eat, this is often very HIGH in sodium which could be a part of your problem. I also think you should be eating more. What about grains? You rarely eat bread and it isn't good to eliminate a food group. You need to increase your fruit and vegetables, also your protein and grains. Cut back some on your dairy, especially the cheese to make room for other things.