what do you do with out nutrition info?

Options
thisisjl
thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
What do you do when you have something you can't find any nutritional information on? Tonight we had a bakery item from Cub Foods it was Angel Food Cake rolled with lemon in it. Cub foods doesn't have a nutition area for their bakery so I'm not sure what do do. It was 16 oz cake and I ate a 2.7 oz. piece

Replies

• LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I can usually find things on CalorieKing.com if I can't find them here.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You estimate! The MFP database is huge and has an enormous variety of foods from all around the world, so I just look for something that seems close. Most of the food in the world doesn't come in a box with numbers, so it's good practice to learn to be a good judge of which is the healthiest choice without needing numbers, although they are great when you are learning.

All the numbers we use (food, exercise, calorie allowance etc) are estimates, so you just have to get used to making the best guess.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I search for it online, or search something similiar on MFP and take the average for it.
    If you are off even 50 cals, at the end of the week it's not really going to hurt you...
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Since it's from a bakery, maybe you could find a similar recipe online? Maybe search for something like "lemon angel food"

http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/lemon-angel-food
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'd put it in as a slice of Angel food cake and add in some lemon whatever it was glaze, pudding, etc...