Humble Pie for my dinner tonight:(

For the sake of "not" confusing anyone further on what the heck I am doing trying to "customize" my settings, I just have this to say as well as apologize to anyone who may have been confused.

I have found that trying to keep track of my exercise calories each day is going to be easier for me with MFP's setup. So, with that said, I am glad I learned about how it all works with the Calorie deficit and the BMR including activity level. Plus I learned all about nutrients and even figured out how to focus on the good fats and especially the Omega 3's ;)

I still believe in eating more to lose fat and maintain or build muscle:) So I will be eating all or most of my exercise calories so anyone "still" wanting to look at my diary, there won't be any confusion. MFP will show my "bottom" line, 1200, and my calories burned for the day, and the total it is recommended I eat. I don't believe going under 1200 a day for me is healthy so I won't unless I just don't get the food in. My focus will still be on activity/exercise and muscle building, not the scale;)

denise:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    :) GOOD LUCK SWEETIE :)
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    That is great Denise. Good luck I am still learning all that MPF has to offer and I am not to tech savy so that is a learning curve too. But that's what it is a journey. :-)
  • nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Sounds like a plan, and I appreciate all the encouragment and the knowledge you share with me. You are such an inspiration!
  • GREAT! I am like the others said, I appreciate your encouragement! I have a nutritionist and she did the numbers of what I can eat to lose weight and it was higher than MFP gave me. And dang it! I am losing too! So, it is all so subjective I think. I know compared to the probably upwards to 4 or 5 thousand calories I use to eat a day, my body is like ...WTF? And loving it! I do feel better and that is worth soooo much! I am also on the no hurry plan. I set up to lose a half a pound a week. And I have done that and more pretty much. I have been at this for about 12 weeks and I am down 13.8 pounds, so that is about on target. And that is taking 3- 4 day slots where I went away and did not count calories. I was in my awareness around what I was eating and drinking but I did give my self permission to have a bit off the normal path.
    Good luck to ya darlin!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    You are all great:) My brain seems to have to be working overtime and I need to keep things a bit more simple. Although, it's the call of the "numbers" LOL!! I'll always be trying to calculate the best numbers for me:):laugh: :drinker: denise PS I just can't help myself:laugh: :bigsmile: :blushing: Just don't want to confuse anyone else, so don't stand to close, it could be catching:laugh:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    When you get to a point where your not losing I suggest increasing your calories from 1200 to 1300 and still eat your exercise calories back.

I have been increasing my calories every two weeks by 100 more a day as I am now trying to find my maintenance leve and every time I increase mine I lose weight where I have had to eat more to gain that back which I thoroughly enjoy doing lol. I don't want to just jump from 1200 to 1800 so instead I'm doing it my way giving my body time to adjust to the calories increases. I am now up to 1400 calories a day and I lost weight when I increase it again so I had a cheat day to gain it back lol. Anyhow this has really worked well for me
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    I think the way you are doing it is absolutely right on and it is what I am going to do as well. My sister is on here now and we have the same 1200 but I figured it on the MIffin off-site and think 1400 would be better for both of us do to our activity. I think on the days we don't exercise, 1200 is really hard to stick to but we'll try it a week to two and see how we feel. Thank you for this, I am still learning, yesssssssss!!

denise;):drinker: :drinker:
    When you get to a point where your not losing I suggest increasing your calories from 1200 to 1300 and still eat your exercise calories back.

I have been increasing my calories every two weeks by 100 more a day as I am now trying to find my maintenance leve and every time I increase mine I lose weight where I have had to eat more to gain that back which I thoroughly enjoy doing lol. I don't want to just jump from 1200 to 1800 so instead I'm doing it my way giving my body time to adjust to the calories increases. I am now up to 1400 calories a day and I lost weight when I increase it again so I had a cheat day to gain it back lol. Anyhow this has really worked well for me
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    I don't exercise that much I just walk 4 times a week for about 25 minutes but I will be getting a treadmill soon so my exercise intake should increase then. I started out at 1000 a day because before I started on here I was skipping dinner so I wasn't used to eating so much. Once I turned 50 what I used to do didn't work for me anymore so my daughter talked me into this program and it has been the best thing I ever did. I stayed at 1000 a day from 2/27/12 til 5/27/12. It wasn't hard for me but if your used to eating all meals it can be difficult. What worked for me was to eat my main meal at noon and then snacks in the evenings like popcorn and yogurt. I stayed at 1100 til 6/8/12 when I increased again to 1200 and then again on 7/6/12 I increased to 1300 and now I am at 1400 since 7/20/12. Staying at a calorie level for 2 weeks helps me to adjust to eating more food. When I increase my calories I try to add things like more fruit or yogurt in. I am not the healthiest eater as I don't like many veggies but I love fruit. Hope this helps. You will have to experiment to see what works for you :}
  • Laramae09
    Laramae09 Posts: 47
    I'm with you...I feel really confused with my "custom" settings! I am going to go back to mfp set up too.... :)
  • Cocolatte30
    Cocolatte30 Posts: 4 Member
    Good Luck. I just started and I'm trying to figure this stuff out. But reading alot of what's posted is sooooo helpful. I have a long road ahead of me. Keep me in your prayers. :bigsmile: