I eat meals at non-traditional times, will I still lose?

Options
This questions has probably been asked before, but I'm new here and learning to navigate this wonderful site with an abundance of information. So I was wondering if anyone has the same issue I have: I have a weird eating schedule.

OK, so my day goes as follows:

-I wake up around noon: Eat "breakfast"

-Then around 4:30: I eat a small "lunch" because I'm still a bit full from my previous meal

-Around 8 p.m.: I eat my "dinner"

-Around 11:30: I eat another meal because I'm usually a bit hungry and still need to eat more calories

-I go to bed around 4 a.m.

Alright,
So, my calorie intake is always around 1,200 and sometimes even below that.
I wake up around 12 p.m. and go to bed a 4 a.m. Is this eating patter normal or should I change my habits (Am I eating too late). I work from 5pm-11pm, so this schedule is ideal for me, but I don't want anything to pause my weight loss.

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. Period.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter what time you eat. If you're eating at a deficit, you'll still lose weight. Your schedule is fine.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter so much WHEN you eat, as WHAT you eat. Keep track of your calories, and try to stay active.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think you will still lose. As long as you get enough sleep (which your schedule says you are) and eat healthy & at your correct your numbers you'll be fine :) Your day may be different but it's still a day :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    it matters how much you eat, not when or how often.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    that's when my son eats, approx. He is 6'4" and weighs 145# (soaking wet)
    Maybe I should start eating on his clock...LOL
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    I have the same exact schedule as you and I'm still losing 1-2 pounds a week.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It would cause a problem if you weren't eating breakfast for hours after waking up or if you were having a full meal right before falling asleep. The most important part is to have them spaced apart, even caloric intake and definitely eat all meals at the right time for you. Sounds like for your sleep schedule you are eating right on time.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter when you eat.
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Just try not to eat a lot too close to bedtime, and you'll be fine.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter so much WHEN you eat, as HOW MUCH you eat. Keep track of your calories, and try to stay active.

Fixed it for you
  • vmarines
    vmarines Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I was feeling kind of guilty for eating at night. But I see it coincides with my schedule.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    OP, it sounds as though you have a schedule that works for you.
    Go for it and don't listen to people who try to make losing weight more complicated that it needs to be.
  • nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    Options
    It would cause a problem if you weren't eating breakfast for hours after waking up or if you were having a full meal right before falling asleep. The most important part is to have them spaced apart, even caloric intake and definitely eat all meals at the right time for you. Sounds like for your sleep schedule you are eating right on time.

No. Just no.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It would cause a problem if you weren't eating breakfast for hours after waking up or if you were having a full meal right before falling asleep. The most important part is to have them spaced apart, even caloric intake...
    No. Studies have shown meal timing to be a myth. A popular myth, but a myth nonetheless.