South Beach Diet - Day 1

Options
Hi everyone - I have started the South Beach diet today although not thinking of it as a diet - it is going to be a lifestyle for me - I am fed up with myself and this weight gain - I have between 40 and 50 lbs to lose and I have a target big goal date of next May - ideally I would love to have a 4 - 5 lb/month weight loss - I am also going to start walking again as per SB - I hope there are others on the boards who are doing this program or will be starting it soon - I didn't do any before pictures because I had my birthday at my cottage last weekend and there were plenty of bathing suit pictures to do as before images :P :( Here's to the first day of the rest of my life!!

Jen

Replies

• lina1973
    lina1973 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm gearing up to start the South Beach Diet again and hoping I can stick with it this time. This diet has given me the best success in a long line of "lifestyle" changes. Good luck to the both of us!
  • Jenny2011
    Jenny2011 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Lina - yes it sure looks to be the best - I guess the biggest thing is to stick with it and only deviate once in awhile - looking forward to sharing this with you :)
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have followed something close to South Beach a long time ago, but was recovering from gall bladder surgery and didn't realize how challenging that would be. I am restarting Bill Phillips' "Eating For Life", which is amazingly similar to SB.

Good luck to you!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i eat 20 grams of carbs a day if you want to add me!
  • Jenny2011
    Jenny2011 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi everyone - so yesterday went well - I did find myself feeling a bit hungry in the evening and having to remind myself often that I am limited for intake - there are quite a few recipes I am looking forward to trying - hope the rest of you are doing well and I look forward to hearing about your progress also :)