Replies

• Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Special k strawberry... Its sooo yummy!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have not use very many most protein powerd is not gulten free. So I use body fortress I can buy it in the supermarket (savemart) its about $16 for 27 shakes. I love it

not all of body fortress is gluten-free either though - chocolate is - but not most of their other flavors. ??
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I have been using Muscle Milk Light, is has a lot of protein, and lower in carbs and sugars than most! The ones premixed in the bottle taste the best, but can be a little pricey, so I also use the Muscle Milk Light chocolate powder, and drink the bottles as a treat.
    Another is Oh Yeah! (both vanilla creme and chocolate are really good), a little more in calories and carbs, but has a great taste, so it is good as a meal replacement or add with a salad. If you go to Muscle Milks webpage you can print a coupon too!
    Hope you try them as they are better than Atkins and Slimfast (which has a ton of carbs!)

Good Luck,
    Ivy
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    GNC lean shakes - swiss chocolate.
    It's like 180 for a shake.

Plus they taste good.
  • mattlear92
    Options
    I like the Muscle Milk shakes (vanilla) and Premier Nutrition (Vanilla). The Premier Nutrition can be had at Costco for a little more than $1 a drink, and it has 30g of protein in it.
  • mmurelli
    mmurelli Posts: 26
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate + almond milk tastes like chocolate milk. It's deliciouuussss.

^this
  • restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have not use very many most protein powerd is not gulten free. So I use body fortress I can buy it in the supermarket (savemart) its about $16 for 27 shakes. I love it

not all of body fortress is gluten-free either though - chocolate is - but not most of their other flavors. ??

vanilla is too.
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you like Coffee, you must try Chike Protein Iced coffee.. so yummy, it has two shots of espresso, just mix with water and ice and enjoy. http://www.chikenutrition.com/ it has 140 Cal, 28g of protein, 11 carbs and only 2g of sugar.
  • susher71
    susher71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I found some in Sam's that are called Premier Protein. They have 30 g of protein. 160 calories and 1g of sugar.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I have been using Muscle Milk Light, is has a lot of protein, and lower in carbs and sugars than most! The ones premixed in the bottle taste the best, but can be a little pricey, so I also use the Muscle Milk Light chocolate powder, and drink the bottles as a treat.
    Another is Oh Yeah! (both vanilla creme and chocolate are really good), a little more in calories and carbs, but has a great taste, so it is good as a meal replacement or add with a salad. If you go to Muscle Milks webpage you can print a coupon too!
    Hope you try them as they are better than Atkins and Slimfast (which has a ton of carbs!)

Good Luck,
    Ivy
    132751200400231-MML-CHO-14oz-NF.jpg
  • ellennow
    ellennow Posts: 568
    Options
    Designer Whey Protein Powder

Protein Shake Base:

1/2 cottage cheese or 1 cup reduced fat greek yogart (besides nutritional value, it makes the drink like a milkshake consistency)
    1 scoop of Desinger Whey Protein Powder
    1 - 4 pkts Stevia or low calorie sweetner of choice
    5 - 10 Ince Cubes (depending on thickness you like)
    1/2 tsp xanthan gum (ptptional, just a pinch makes your drink thick & creamy)

Base breakdown for one serving is 200 ish calories , 2g Fat ,5g Carbohydrates, 3g sugar, and 35g protien

Next you add whatever you like:

Peanut Butter Maple Shake:
    few drops maple extract
    2 tbs peaunut flour or 1 lbs regular peanut butter
    2 tbs sugar free butterscoth pudding mix

Total base + peanut butter maple ingredients 1 serving = 260 calories (+40 if using regular peanute butter), WWPs 6

or

Thin mint Shake:
    2 tbs cocoa powder
    2-3 drops of mint extract
    1 tbs lite hershey's syrup (optional)

Total base + thin mint ingredients 1 serving = 250 calories, WWPs 5

Some of the others are:
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
    Strawberry Banana shake
    Lemon Cream Pie Shake
    Oatmeal Cookie Shake
    Pina Colada Share

I found all of these recipes on Dashing Dish - Giant List of Dashing Dish Official Protein Shakes at
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/dashing-dish-official-protein-shake/

I love the variety plus the amount of protein and none are over 310 complete with base and add-ons! I highly recommend checking this site out, it's been a lifesaver for me!
  • absteve88
    absteve88 Posts: 1
    Options
    MusclePharm is the best supplement products out there. Check out their combat powder for protein. I have the banana cream and it tastes like a banana milkshake. This is what every top level athlete uses (NBA, NFL, UFC, etc). It is delicious along with the rest of their supplements.
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use Biochem 100% Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate Fudge I mix with some instant coffee (Wheat and Gluten Free) if it's a issue I have also used the Natural Vanilla MRM is a good one I have also tried MyoFushion But that is more like a meal replacement The one I'm using now is by Syntrax Whey Protein Isolate It's called Nectar Vanilla Bean Torte it's (Lactose and Gluten Free) zero carb, zero fat one scoop is 23 g protein at 100 calories All of these are very good tasting I go through protein powder fast and it gets pretty $$$$$$$$$$ to use You have to budge a little here and there to make things work for you I hope this helps you in your search Good luck:)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I prefer the optimum nutrition casein powders for a shake made just in water.

They are much fuller tasting and feeling than whey shakes. I really like muscle milk too, but it's probably higher calorie than what you are looking for. As funny as it sounds I like it not only because it tastes good, but I actually use it for a fat supplement(as otherwise I typically don't eat enough).
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just stopped using them....found I was gaining weight even though under in Cals etc

Better to eat protein at the natural source if you can
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Iso sensation 93, I like that it has a 94% protein percentage.

Compared at least 25 protein powders and some of the most expensive ones came in with the lowest percentages, although was pleasantly surprised that a few sold at walmart were packing a decent 80ish%