Seriously struggling. Don't know what to do!

Options
Ever since my calorie limit was reduced I have found myself struggling and I just can't seem to get back on track. My parents have been staying with me too and my mum cooks these big delicious meals of a night time. My husband and I normally eat our main meals during the day. I keep reminding myself of why I am doing this but it just doesn't seem enough to get me back on track. I just don't know what to do. The longer this takes, the longer before I have kids :frown: :brokenheart:

Replies

• dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have idea. Can you go to a local hospital to the maternity ward and look at the new babies? Will that help motivate you. I remember when I wanted a child. I ended up at the store buying new towels for my bathroom. We never know what might motivate us. I bet it might help. Then have a frank talk with your mother. Tell her it is important that all meals be low calorie and nutritious for you. Hang in there. It will happen.
  • shinynewme
    shinynewme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please be nice to yourself! You're wanting to do this, and only you can decide if you go for it or not. Would it be an option to sit down with your Mum and look on-line for recipes she'd happily make that are healthier & taste good too? I think it's all about taking control & being aware that this is do-able, because it really is, and the benefits physically & emotionally far outweigh the moment something tastes nice as we eat it. One day at a time, after all this is a life changing journey. Cutting calories feels like it's the toughest thing, so maybe you could consider foods will keep you fuller for longer, that you really like to eat, so you remove that sense of denying yourself what you want. You need support as we all do, so it's great that you're asking for it. Maybe you could express that to your family too, so you have them on-board. Could you treat yourself to a calorie burning walk together, so you can 'earn' a little extra to eat, maybe a nice treat? I hope this helps; Good luck! xx
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    If your new calorie limit is not working to back to your old limit.
  • LetsDoTh1S
    LetsDoTh1S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    REPEAT YOUR GOALS TO YOURSELF EVERY DAY

EVERY DAY...OUTLOUD IN PRESENT TENSE

"I AM SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL THAT I AM SKINNY AND CAN NOW HAVE BABIES"

that..AND portion control :-D
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to tell your mum that you need her to make lower calorie meals so you can have her grand babies! I would sit down with your mum and explain what you are going through. Show her MFP so she can see exactly what you are doing.
  • CaramelAngel247
    Options
    Living with temptation daily is tough.
    Tips that help me:
    1. Fill up before dinner. A lite soup for 100 calories. A fiber rich granola bar. Turkey sandwich on lite bread with fat free cheese is about 200 calories. If you use a saucer instead of a plate then you can have a few bites of the yummy stuff at dinner and keep control.
    2. Have a glass of water after your meal and rinse out your mouth, or brush your teeth. If you can taste your favorite foods in your mouth then you will want to go and have another bite, then another bite.
    3. Walk after dinner time will help you remember your goals and help burn a few calories.
    4. Ask your family to make sure baked goods are covered. Nothing brings me down faster than smelling some delicious brownies. It is easier to forget about them if they are placed in Tupperware and put on top of the refrigerator or someplace out of sight.

Getting enough sleep and not missing meals will really help you stay on track. It isn't easy but you can do it!!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It would help to see your diary, otherwise all I can offer is random stuff like "eat plenty of protein and fiber".
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    true, it's hard to help when people can't see your daily food diary and exercise habits. :)