I'm only 18...it's time i have a body like one

Options
i wish i could just look the way i want to XD . im so lazy...this is going to be soo difficult :P

Replies

• Ashatack
    Ashatack Posts: 41
    Options
    Oh girl mfp will help you so much! make friends with a few suportive active users and log everything!!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    dont be lazy, log in everything and exercise at least 40 min, 5 times a week
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 too and I lost around 30 pounds this year, IT CAN BE DONE! Just don't be lazy. Don't rely on other people to motivate you, it has to be your choice.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You have to be willing to make a change in your habits and put in the effort to see results. Start slow by logging everything and eating within your caloric limits, aiming to hit your macros every day. Don't be afraid to try new foods. Then work in excercising a few times a week. Lastly, find support friends and throw out the junk in the house.
  • Chanteljeffers
    Options
    im not physically lazy just with recording my calories and stuff. i try to work out every day for 60mins. only strength training 4-5 times a week XD. its the food thats the problem....I LOOOVE CHIPS.
    and yeah this website has helped so far i've lost around 3lbs already :P
    imma stay with this site until i've got this chip addiction off my shoulders .lol.
  • catyp03
    catyp03 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 18 years old too :) I love Chips but I prefer CHOCOLATE. That's my addiction, i'm trying to get rid of it... :)
  • caraguard
    caraguard Posts: 41
    Options
    Don't be lazy! YOU CAN DO THIS! If you haven't realized this already, you will soon realize that time FLIES and it won't be long before 18 seems like such a long time ago. I'm 28 and I'm so mad at myself for not getting in shape sooner (like, when I was your age). ALL YOUR HARD WORK WILL BE WORTH IT! Then you don't have to look back and wish, 10 years from now, that you could've done something about your weight. Because 10 years from now, it's going to be harder.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 an lazy too :P feel free to add me :)
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ahhh me too, crisps for me are the worst, they're like the devil on my shoulder haha.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your profile and your stats don't sound far off ideal for your height - ideal to slim in fact. I doubt you need to lose weight so much as build a bit of muscle.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Don't be lazy! YOU CAN DO THIS! If you haven't realized this already, you will soon realize that time FLIES and it won't be long before 18 seems like such a long time ago. I'm 28 and I'm so mad at myself for not getting in shape sooner (like, when I was your age). ALL YOUR HARD WORK WILL BE WORTH IT! Then you don't have to look back and wish, 10 years from now, that you could've done something about your weight. Because 10 years from now, it's going to be harder.

AMEN to this!! I am 32 and wish everyday that I got into shape and lost weight when I was 18!! I walked EVERYWHERE and if I had jsut started watching my diet and kept going once I graduated, I would be in a much different place right now! GOOD LUCK and get it girl!! YOU GOT THISS!!!!
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    im not physically lazy just with recording my calories and stuff. i try to work out every day for 60mins. only strength training 4-5 times a week XD. its the food thats the problem....I LOOOVE CHIPS.
    imma stay with this site until i've got this chip addiction off my shoulders .lol.

Hey girlie! You can do it. Remeber it is crazy tough, if not impossible, to exercise away a bad diet. All things in moderation. I have a goal and before I eat something, I ask myself if it's worth it. Sometimes it is! Other times I can pass. Good Luck!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    just find something you like to do and then do it 3 times a week. I love soccer and zumba but for some people its roller blading or tennis or biking or swimming or.... Im sure there is SOMETHING you can get down with.

Good luck honey!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    "Lazy" doesn't have to be an adjective that describes you. You're only 18... Your characteristics are not set in stone. You can change them. Don't settle for calling yourself "lazy" anymore!
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 too and I lost around 30 pounds this year, IT CAN BE DONE! Just don't be lazy. Don't rely on other people to motivate you, it has to be your choice.

Exactly!
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am just the same..with the same attitude!!! add me!! :D
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just turned 18 yesterday. Have having the body of a 45 year-old. D:
    Good luck, Exercise and dieting works!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Welcome! Feel free to add me. I love chips too and I still eat them. Just not as much as before and I'll have baked lays more often than note. You can do this and it'll get easier as you do.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is easier before the age of 25...your metabolism slows down.

Just track your intake and your exercise-it's amazing how helpful just seeing the information in front of you really is! You can do this :)
  • JessLov67
    JessLov67 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 18 and I've lost almost 15 pounds in less than a year.
    It wasn't that hard, you just have to change a few eating HABITS, as in permanent change not a diet, and exercise diligently.
    I started running on my own, and now I run 14 miles a week and strength train 6 days a week.
    Start small, and reward yourself. Once a week I allow myself my favorite food (Zaxbys) and only drink real soda when I leave the house.
    Just add up all your calories, it's all in the math, you can do it!