I THING MY SCALE IS BROKEN

Options
okay so i'd go weigh myself (at night before i go to bed) and it was 119.2 but this morning i was 115.2 . THERE IS NO WAY I GAIN 4LBS IN A DAY ! then ... sorry to be graphic.... took a pee and it went down to 118.4 . WHAT IS HAPPENING ?

Replies

• BrookeOB777
    BrookeOB777 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight! That's why most people weigh in the morning after peeing!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Did you eat today? Whatever you ate is probably still in your stomach getting all digested...
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    okay so i'd go weigh myself (at night before i go to bed) and it was 119.2 but this morning i was 115.2 . THERE IS NO WAY I GAIN 4LBS IN A DAY ! then ... sorry to be graphic.... took a pee and it went down to 118.4 . WHAT IS HAPPENING ?
    you eat, you sweat, you pee, you poop.
    it all weighs something!
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm always a few pounds heavier at night than in the morning. Water and food. I'd just pick one time of day to weigh yourself and not worry about the little fluctuations.
  • yvonneW1964
    yvonneW1964 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    While your sleeping you body is still working and you do burn calories over 500 calories, while you sleep (8hr sleep pattern). It would seem that regular good sleep routine helps with weight regulation. . .in a good way
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    While your sleeping you body is still working and you do burn calories over 500 calories, while you sleep (8hr sleep pattern). It would seem that regular good sleep routine helps with weight regulation. . .in a good way

Yup yup...Best to weigh yourself once a week or even month at the same time of the day usually right after your morning business. Obsessing over the scale on a daily basis will mess with your mind.
  • johnnys30
    johnnys30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes, you typically will weigh the least in the morning when you get up before eating anything, possibly after visiting the restroom.

However, I had a scale that for some reason seemed to only register certain #'s and nothing in between. It would jump from 34.6 to 32.2 but never anything in between. I got a new scale!
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    Everyone weighs less in the evening weigh yourself at the same time each day
  • omerc10696
    omerc10696 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Usually if I weigh myself as soon as I wake up, then I use the bathroom and pee and poop, if I weigh myself again I'll be anywhere between 2 - 3 lbs lighter
  • shawnisoto
    Options
    Hello im shawni. Yup i always weigh more at nite. I used to weigh that as a teen. I miss that. Currently i am 196 5ft 1 no bueno i am workin on it. Nice to meet u guys :-)
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself everyday. Everyone's weight fluctuates all the time! I only weigh myself once a week.