Lazy as ever

Options
DaniKenmir
DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
I joined today, I have the flu (for the first time, how do people deal with this every year I feel like DEATH) So I have done no exersice whatsoever, what I have found is that now I have a computer judging me, I want to do more. I spend my time at home cos I study online and I have found it's near impossible to get motivated so hopefully this will help

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    LOL @ 'computer judging me" ( I literally LOL'd)... and first off hope you feel better soon!!!!! FLU sux
    ... and yep.. today is my 9th day on MFP... so im a new-bee too.. and ive always exercised... but this computer and adding calories earned is addicting!!!! I love it.... i actually want to get a more accurate 'real' amount burned for 'me' not an average or round about.. so im goint to purchase the Polar FT7 (on amazon.com) here in next week! (my friend has it and loves it.. shes on mfp too) and uses it for gym/walking.. cleaning house/washing cars!!!....
    and this will help you!.. get out.. go for a walk... ipod/mp3 music... and get home put in your time and you earn calories back!! honestly i also love it cuz im only allowed 1200 cal's a day... and that ant jack crack, really! lol... so w/the exercise cal's i earn some back and get to eat something more.. vs knawing on my arm :bigsmile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome :happy:
    I truly hope you get to feeling better. It is hard to get motivated when you are not feeling well. Once you are feeling better you can start to add in some exercise slowly till you are 100%. Focus on eating healthy just now. Hang in there.:flowerforyou:
  • DaniKenmir
    Options
    If you do eat your arm it'll surely be even calories.... So I think that's totally fine lol! I'd love to go for walks but I live in the dodgiest neighbourhood, twice a week I drag my bf out and we go for a walk elsewhere I'd like to do it more often but he's hurt his knee.
  • stuartadair1
    stuartadair1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok, so what I'm hearing is lots of negative reasons why you cant exercise and lose weight. Got flu, dodgy neighbourhood, bf hurt his knee etc is all classic Tiger roaring stuff (Read my profile for more info):angry: YOU are in control of all of those things and only YOU can do something about it. Dont expect me to say, "Oh thats ok, you take it easy" because that wont do you any favours. :huh:
    Get off your backside and start with a walk today - Right now in fact ! Time is short so make the change immediately or it'll never happen. I am privilidged to be part of a highly motivated group who log everything, everyday without fail and are uncompromising towards each other, and it would be great to bring you into the club, so please feel free to add me as a friend if you wish - BUT only after you've been for that walk.:wink:

Oh, and change your profile picture when you get back - Show us a smiling face :bigsmile:
  • DaniKenmir
    Options
    I like that photo, it's a good representation of the person I am. I had a ride on my exercise bike and I chased my cat around the lounge room. Now I'm going to have a lemsip and lie down. toodles world of fitness
  • dawneekoz
    dawneekoz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Now, now Stuart, I just took a look at your picture (the one that appears to be actually you) and you don't look any happier than this gal. So I say to you, post a picture of YOU smiling too! :)
  • stuartadair1
    stuartadair1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is me smiling - Thats as good as it gets :bigsmile: