I am sick and I want to eat!

Options
How come so many people don't eat when they are sick? If anything, I am hungrier. I feel like hell and I just want to eat what I want to eat! Today I had taco bell for lunch for the first time in a LOOOONG time because I was not up to preparing anything for lunch. I managed to work it into my calorie intake and only went over by 50 calories. Now it's 8:45 and I want ice cream BAD. Not the fat free, sugar free junk, but some REAL icecream!

Replies

• jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    How come so many people don't eat when they are sick? If anything, I am hungrier. I feel like hell and I just want to eat what I want to eat! Today I had taco bell for lunch for the first time in a LOOOONG time because I was not up to preparing anything for lunch. I managed to work it into my calorie intake and only went over by 50 calories. Now it's 8:45 and I want ice cream BAD. Not the fat free, sugar free junk, but some REAL icecream!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    a small cone from dairy queen acutally isnt bad in calories.. SO enjoy:smile:
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I don't know where a Dairy Queen is.........
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    I'm with you, when I'm sick I sit around and eat all day! Somehow it makes me feel better, I think. Bummer if you do't have a Dairy Queen. To be honest though, if you have a chest cold then ice cream really isn't the best thing to eat because it will make you phlem-y. (Gross, sorry). Maybe sorbet or a fruit bar instead? You can find that anywhere.
  • jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    Try soft serve frozen yogurt....Thats is not to bad in calories either
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    Try to chug down as much water as possible until you feel full. Always works for me.
  • paperstar
    paperstar Posts: 27
    Options
    I felt the EXACT SAME WAY just the other day! I went waaay over my calories that day too. Crazy.
  • grinningkat
    grinningkat Posts: 14
    Options
    The Sherberts from Cold Stone in the Like it Size are only 160 Calories. And thats with Fresh berries added in!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    It won't be the end of the world if you eat when your sick, indulge a little and get back on track in a couple of days. :flowerforyou:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When I have a super crazy craving for ice cream, I get a really good type of low fat yogurt (like Yoplait's key lime pie) and stick it in the freezer for an hour. Yummy!!:tongue: Do-it-yourself frozen yogurt and low fat, low calorie, high protein.

Hope this helps:flowerforyou:

~Erin
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    In my opinion, when you're sick, if you're body is genuinely craving something - go with it. Your body knows what it needs to make it better (i always crave carbs and kiwi fruit if i'm sick), a few days until you're better wont hurt. Better than prolonging the illness.
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    When I have a super crazy craving for ice cream, I get a really good type of low fat yogurt (like Yoplait's key lime pie) and stick it in the freezer for an hour. Yummy!!:tongue: Do-it-yourself frozen yogurt and low fat, low calorie, high protein.

Hope this helps:flowerforyou:

~Erin

Wow - I've never heard of putting yogurt in the freezer... is it really similar to frozen yogurt consistency-wise? I hate the consistency of regular yogurt, so this might be a good alternative.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Wow - I've never heard of putting yogurt in the freezer... is it really similar to frozen yogurt consistency-wise? I hate the consistency of regular yogurt, so this might be a good alternative.
    [/quote]

It'll still taste like yogurt. :-)

I used to eat a lot of frozen yogurt and hated regular yogurt. Just the smell of it would make me start to dry-heave. Even now, peach yogurt will do that - but I think that "peach flavor" as opposed to an actual peach makes me sick.

Back to the point. Then I read that book "French Women Don't Get Fat." And the author goes on and on about how Greek yogurt is such a wonderful food. So I gave it a try, and I found that I LOVE IT. I have some yogurt every day - either Greek (Fage) or Icelandic (Siggi's). Both are so thick that they will not pour out of the cup if you turn it upside down. Each 6-oz serving of Siggi's has 16 grams of protein, zero fat, and only 6 grams of carbs in the plain flavor, 12 grams in the flavored varieties.

Fage is very bland, practically flavorless. Pure texture. Siggi's is tart. Both come highly recommended to yogurt lovers, and to yogurt haters who are looking for a yogurt that they might unexpectedly like. I'll grant that you won't like either one if you only consume very sweet dairy desserts. Neither one has any artificial sweetener; however, Fage is especially good mixed with a packet of Splenda and berries.
  • shameem
    shameem Posts: 5
    Options
    come on yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............................dont think 2 much..............................God made this world 4 us 2 enjoy ......and i think once in a blue moon every thing is fine.......go ahead and eat wht ever u want 2 eat ...........................and when u get well soon burn all extra calories........................and really this wht i use do do...when i wish 2 eat n e thing i never torture my self but next day i do more work so this always make balance.....just keep check and u will never gain weight.............as wht i do.....can u believe i m mother of 2 babies..........................................
  • shameem
    shameem Posts: 5
    Options
    come on yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............................dont think 2 much..............................God made this world 4 us 2 enjoy ......and i think once in a blue moon every thing is fine.......go ahead and eat wht ever u want 2 eat ...........................and when u get well soon burn all extra calories........................and really this wht i use do do...when i wish 2 eat n e thing i never torture my self but next day i do more work so this always make balance.....just keep check and u will never gain weight.............as wht i do.....can u believe i m mother of 2 babies..........................................:drinker::flowerforyou: