workout dvds

Options
I'm thinking of buying a workout dvd, I want one that is fun and keeps me going and gives me good results in a decent amount of time. Any suggestions would be very helpful :)

Replies

• layapooh15
    layapooh15 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hip hop abs with shaun t i frikken love him and its fun:)) and good results
  • zombieluv90
    Options
    Thank u :) ill have to check it out :)
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Any of Jillian Michaels DVD's get the thumbs up from me.
  • zombieluv90
    Options
    I have her 30 day shred one, just never gave it a chance but I keep hearing about it so maybe I should rethink it :happy:
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bit off the topic title I know...but if you have a nintendo Just dance and Zumba are good fun and get you really sweating without thinking you are actually doing an exercise routine ?
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I love using my XBOX Kinect...nice workouts and its fun because you are also playing a game :) Some of their workout games will even tell you how many calories you burned.
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Boot Camp with Bob Harper. Jillian's ok but I like the Biggest Loser's DVD better as they have real people who are also working/struggling to get in shape NOT professional trainers. Having real people demonstrate seem to motivate me more instead of the trainers as feel I never be able to be like them!

Biggest Losers' DVD are both cardio & strength.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    P90X, Insanity and Chalean Extreme have helped me. It would be suggested for the best results to have a mix between weight training and HIIT.
  • jaymartin1978
    jaymartin1978 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use all of Jillian Michaels and I love them. I even have the one for the wii and it kicks your butt but its fun.
  • JennyferZ
    JennyferZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The Tony Horton's (guy who does P90X) 10 MINUTE TRAINER DVD set is kicking my butt! Comes with 2 different DVD's with 5 different workouts/10mins each (Cardio, Total Body, Lower Body, AB's & Yoga Flex) Also comes with a resistance band, cardio belt, measuring tape, workout calendar, awesome meal plans and "on-the-go" workout cards for when you're stuck without a dvd player... I use a bunch of different videos at home to lose weight and just ONE of these workouts (10 minutes) gets me sweating more than most of the 30min workouts I do! Soooo worth the money!!! ($90)

Good luck with whatever you choose!!! :smile:
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you are and your cable provider, you may have access to free videos. I've used both Verizon and Comcast on-demand features to try out new workouts or trainers before buying the dvd.
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Alot of the beach body products are good-Slim in Six, Power 90, and hip hop abs are good beginning products. Then Insanity and P90X increase the intensity. Then P90X2 and Insanity 2-Asylum really ramp it up! Chaleans dvd's are pretty good too.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    30DS, definitely!

Or any of Jillian Michaels DVDs.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam. I popped in one of my Turbo Jam DVDs last night and it was still fun! I've done it many, many times, and I still enjoy it. Plus, there is an option on the DVDs so you can do it with the music "pumped up" so that once you don't need as much in the way of instruction you can just go hard to the music.

I am doing the 30 Day Shred right now, and I like it okay. I still prefer Turbo Jam. If you are more advanced, you could do Turbo Fire (I'm going to start that one in a month or so).
  • zombieluv90
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions :) I really appreciate it!
  • jeanninecurran
    jeanninecurran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home videos. i get a great workout, don't need a lot of room and it's easy to follow
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I use two workout videos:

Jane Fonda's Step Aerobic and Abdominal Workout; it's a VHS that my mom got when it first came out (1992). I love it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Jane-Fondas-Aerobic-Abdominal-Workout/dp/6302872162/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1343174317&sr=8-8&keywords=jane+fonda+fitness+dvd

I also have Turbo Jam Live! Booty Sculpt + Abs. This is a strength training DVD that keeps you moving and your heart rate up. It utilizes dumbbells and a resistance band, but you can start with just using your own body weight. I have just recently been able to start doing this workout with weights/resistance band. The first time I popped it in, I was out of breath by the end of the warm up. O.O
    http://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Jam-Live-Booty-Sculpt/dp/B000KT0FJW/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1343174477&sr=1-1&keywords=turbo+jam+booty+sculpt
  • Ladyeliah
    Ladyeliah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days to a better body. There are two workouts, one upper body and one lower body, that are about 30 minutes of interval training--one minute alternating intervals of strength training and cardio. I've had it for about six months and this week is the first time I've gotten past day three. What's really nice is that every cardio section has a low impact and a high impact version, so you can work up to the higher intensity sections if you need to.