Good running shoes?

Options
ckay220
ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
I'd like to start running and I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions...I'm a college student BTW so the less expensive, the better!

Replies

• loz4082
    loz4082 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I always go with Asics and have found them excellent. You want some with a gel component as a rule as these provide better support for your knees against the impact.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is go to a specialty running store and get fitted. The right shoe for me might be the wrong shoe for you. They will analyze the way you run and suggest shoes based on your gait. Then they will provide you with some options. Any brand a running store carries will be a good brand. Just choose the shoe that feels good from the options they present. Tell them you are on a budget and they may have some of last year's models that can be sold at a discount.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is go to a specialty running store and get fitted. The right shoe for me might be the wrong shoe for you. They will analyze the way you run and suggest shoes based on your gait. Then they will provide you with some options. Any brand a running store carries will be a good brand. Just choose the shoe that feels good from the options they present. Tell them you are on a budget and they may have some of last year's models that can be sold at a discount.

^^^ this
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    Brooks. hands down. They are a little costly. Ranging from $99-$150
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

This. I bought a good pair of shoes that were last years model and saved 30-40% versus the incoming year.
  • brendarun
    brendarun Posts: 26
    Options
    Id go and get your gait measure so you get the right shoe for you. If you think the shoe they recomend in the shop is too expensive tell them they might have an older model in the shop. If not search online afterwards.

I always wear asics gel nimbus and the price can vary depending on the model