What exactly is happening to me?

Options
Sunday night i had a cheat meal-take out pizza. It was good, but... Somehow it wasnt amazing like i usually think it is. I ended up putting salt and pepper on it trying to up the ooomph, which i usually dont do. It still wasnt as good as i expected.

Tonight there was one piece left. Id budgeted my calories so i could have that one remaining piece and a salad and stay on plan, but come dinner time... I didnt want the pizza.

Read that sentence again: i didnt want the pizza. Thats a sentence no rational human should ever speak. And yet, i really didnt. I wasnt just 'trying to be good’ or something. I ended up having a Lean Cuisine with some spinach on the side. (it was late, or i'd have cooked proper food).

Who is this person who chooses Lean Cuisine and spinach over pizza, and what has she done with the old me?

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I use to love pizza as well, I could eat pizza 3 times a week and would go looking for that last piece of crust in the box. My tastes have changed over the years and even more drastically since started on MFP, I cant even walk past the pizza shop without gagging on the aroma
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I was just like-how come this doesnt taste as good? I guess its true like you said-my tastes have changed.

Now if i could only get tired of ice cream, lol.

Love your avatar btw-is that a malamute?
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Your mindset is changing. Well done. As we all know that the key component to changing your fitness levels.
  • sneakypackrat
    sneakypackrat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would say it's a NON SCALE VICTORY!!! *APPLAUSE* :flowerforyou:
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i didnt want the pizza. Thats a sentence no rational human should ever speak.

Lol! I keep turning down cake! And haven't had crisps for over 4 weeks, I used to have them every day!
  • Keiko385
    Options
    I was just like-how come this doesnt taste as good? I guess its true like you said-my tastes have changed.

Now if i could only get tired of ice cream, lol.

Love your avatar btw-is that a malamute?

thats my walking partner, he's a Siberian Husky that prefers running but I cant keep up unless I put on roller skates lol
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    He's gorgeous :). A husky or a malamute is my dream dog. Where i live right now doesnt allow pets, but when i move i plan on getting one.
  • Keiko385
    Options
    I love Huskies would have more if I could afford them. You do need a lot of space and a high fence if you plan on having one as they are very energetic and resourceful when it comes to wanting something on the other side of the fence.. oh and a good vacuum cleaner lmao
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Gotta watch those "qucik meals". Lean cuisines are loaded with preservatives and sodium. Non of wich are good for your body. Better to hand cook a healthy meal instead.

And yes it is normal.
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean I avoided mc donalds the other day! non scale victory indeed
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    I still like pizza but I prefer my own made up ones out of pitta bread or naans. that way I can load them up with all my favorite yummy veg and i dont use anywhere near as much cheese or fatty meats. and this time of year most of the veg is straight out of my garden. tastes sooo much better that pizzaville anyday
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have had this as well. My main problem for weight gain was too much of good food. I am not a junk food person and never have been, so what I've noticed is that I look at a portion that i would have considered tiny a few months ago and now i look at it and think 'that's quite enough for me'.

Do I want that massive portion? Ask me 2 months ago, the answer would have been yes, ask me no and the answer is a definate no.

The other day e had a takeaway pizza, something we would normally have maybe a few times a year. I had the smallest pizza available and a side and after eating that as my cheat meal, i felt disgusting. A few months ago i would have a medium and a large side no problem.

Your perspective changes as you lose weight, because you realise your body does need what you used to think it did and so when you do have a little treat it tastes so much more delicious.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my rest day, I also don't worry too much about my caloric intake that day, I just try not to go crazy. I have found that Monday mornigs I don't feel that great from what I have eaten on Sunday.

Pretty sure I'm going to try to eat better on Sundays.

Isn't it weird the way our bodies get used to healthy food verses junk food.
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    Gotta watch those "qucik meals". Lean cuisines are loaded with preservatives and sodium. Non of wich are good for your body. Better to hand cook a healthy meal instead.

And yes it is normal.

Did you miss the part where i said it was late, otherwise i would have cooked real food? One Lean Cuisine isnt going to kill me. Ten probably wouldnt even kill me. Studies showing them to be as toxic as arsenic have been invalidated lately.

Also, i dont watch my sodium-just a personal choice. Ive had low bp my whole life despite loving salt, and i STILL have low bp at 40. Thats with being overweight, as well.

I eat plenty of real food. I also eat Lean Cuisine. Everyone's on their own fitness journey, thats why i try not to get too preachy with others :)
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    I have had this as well. My main problem for weight gain was too much of good food. I am not a junk food person and never have been, so what I've noticed is that I look at a portion that i would have considered tiny a few months ago and now i look at it and think 'that's quite enough for me'.

Do I want that massive portion? Ask me 2 months ago, the answer would have been yes, ask me no and the answer is a definate no.

The other day e had a takeaway pizza, something we would normally have maybe a few times a year. I had the smallest pizza available and a side and after eating that as my cheat meal, i felt disgusting. A few months ago i would have a medium and a large side no problem.

Your perspective changes as you lose weight, because you realise your body does need what you used to think it did and so when you do have a little treat it tastes so much more delicious.

This is me too. I didnt eat bags of potato chips or candy bars... I'd just eat like three helpings of dinner instead of one... Same with breakfast. I did have a weakspot for dessert tho, and i'd eat too much of that too.

My portion sizes are also smaller now, and I'm cool with that :)
  • Butterflybe
    Options
    That is awesome. I had that with chocolate. I just didnt like it anymore. But the thing is gone. wish it could come back again. It feels awesome to say no thanks without feel sad for not taking it. So when I get back there again I will throw a water party. cause I dont like drinking my calories.
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I still like pizza but I prefer my own made up ones out of pitta bread or naans. that way I can load them up with all my favorite yummy veg and i dont use anywhere near as much cheese or fatty meats. and this time of year most of the veg is straight out of my garden. tastes sooo much better that pizzaville anyday

What a great idea! Thanks!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I realized that a lot of the things that I would eat (or drink) weren't even tasting good, so why take in all those extra calories when ur not even enjoying them?? and once u start working out, it's kind of like, did i just do all that to waste it away on something that's only okay?? NO