Bridesmaids Unite!

Options
dzstephy
dzstephy Posts: 357 Member
Is anyone else going to be a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding? I have till September 14 to tone up for a wedding because I do not want to be the bridesmaid that ruins the bridal pictures. :ohwell: Wondering if anyone wants to share tips and set up an accountability system.

Replies

• BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I joined this because my little brother is getting married Sept 3rd and I do NOT want to be "the fat sister"! I've been doing tons of weight training to tone up my arms and shoulders which obviously appear more prominently in the photos than any other part of the body. Weddings are the best motivator! We can do this :)
  • ashleeejade
    Options
    My best friend is engaged to be wed this time next year, I have plenty of time so no excuse to be a fat bridesmaid!
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I feel comfortable where I am now, but being fitter and healthier won't hurt.
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid in Nov next year, and my best friend is engaged (she hasn't asked anyone yet and I am not assuming, but I will most likely be a bridesmaid (or even maybe maid of honour :flowerforyou: ))

You are so right about the arms/shoulders, and I'll add in the face!!!
  • dzstephy
    Options
    What exercises do you find have helped you tone your arms the best so far? I wish there were Spanx for arms.
  • melly049
    melly049 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My older brother is getting married next year in July and I'm a bridesmaid in it!!! I've still got a while but getting in early on losing weight so I can look amazing in the dress and photos! We should make a group just for this :-D
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Me- my sister is getting married in December and my dress is about 5 inches away from doing up :-( Plus there are 4 other bridesmaids and the biggest one there is a size 12 (UK).
  • rstudebaker52
    rstudebaker52 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride getting married on Sept 8th and I have been slacking over the past month because of wedding stress. I need to get back to it! I've already had my final dress fitting, so I need to make sure I can still fit it in a couple weeks :blushing:
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am not a bridesmaid but I am a guest with a dress that does not fit d day is the 29th of september and the last and only time I fitted into this dress was in 2002 in the shop. I reckoned I weighed about 11 stone and I am 12 2 at the moment so hang onto your seats its going to be a close run challenge...
  • lippy1727
    lippy1727 Posts: 53
    Options
    Im a bridesmaid for my best friend in May and determined not to be the biggest bridesmaid, All help and tips extremly welcome
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So happy to find this post! I'm a bridesmaid in my friends wedding on Aug. 19th! Yikes!!! I got the call just yesterday that my dress is in, which very quickly gave me anxiety. Than I remembered that when I tried on the sample (size 12) back in March, it fit...but quite snug. I was initially going to order a 12 because I was going to keep working out and eating good, and loose all kinds of weight! Well....life happened & I've kept up with working out and heating somewhat healthy, and then I remembered I decided to go ahead and order a size 14...just in case the 12 was still snug! I've got a feeling that the 12 may fit a little better than it did back in March, but so glad I went with the next size up. I'd much rather pay to have more taken in than pay to have them figure out where they can let it out!
    Now I need to get really pushing the arm workouts even harder!!
  • dzstephy
    Options
    A good tip for busy bridesmaids and busy women in general is go on a restaurant's website before eating out. Most casual/fast food restaurants list the approximate nutritional values of each item. I also love to pick up a quick lunch or dinner at places like Panera since they post nutritional information on their menus. I then track my meals on the Fitness pal app. It has really helped me to select healthier choices throughout the day. I will be weighing myself in a few days and will share the results.
  • bethanynovak
    bethanynovak Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married April 13th next year so that is why I am finally starting to take this seriously. They say they can take my dress in up to 2 sizes so I plan on taking advantage of that :)
  • GangsterKim50
    Options
    Bridesmaid in one of my best friends wedding coming up Oct 5th and she's insisting we wear strapless dresses!! :embarassed:
  • jennifermcshane
    Options
    I have two weddings in September. Im a bridemade in one on September 30th. I'm motivated but this if fuel on the fire. Feel to add me. The more support the better.
  • jennifermcshane
    Options
    What exercises do you find have helped you tone your arms the best so far? I wish there were Spanx for arms.

Aint that the truth!
  • stina0t2
    stina0t2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else going to be a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding? I have till September 14 to tone up for a wedding because I do not want to be the bridesmaid that ruins the bridal pictures. :ohwell: Wondering if anyone wants to share tips and set up an accountability system.

My sister is getting married the same date and I keep avoiding going in for a fitting because I'm afraid the dress won't fit or do up. :S
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

I'm getting married next June and although I have 11 months I'm trying to get in the habit of working out more now!

A great workout for arms is the P90X shoulders & arms workout. I don't think you need to have the whole DVD set, you can probably find it on YouTube. You need access to free weights and it usually takes me about 30-40 minutes to get through at the gym, but it has really melted away that bit of flab under my arms.

Push-ups are also fantastic if you're going to be wearing a strapless dress, and you can do them anywhere!
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    I'm in a wedding on Saturday - so a bit late for that one!
    But I'm going to be a bridesmaid at my other's friends upcoming destination wedding. I am hoping to wear a bikini for the first time in my life (in public! obviously I am wearing one in my pic)
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am bridesmaid for my best friend on December 26th this year, I have so much to do and so little time to do it. My goal is to lose 5 stone by then
  • geminitwin1979
    Options
    Bridesmaid on september the 7th for my best friend ..already going to have to take in the dress oopsy !! hehe!!