looking for salad dressing ideas

Options
Hey all,
Anyone have any salad dressing ideas they'd like to share?! I'm so bored with my usual balsamic vinegar/evoo/s&p dressing. I want something new!!!

Replies

• PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Try salsa! It's especially good in a salad topped with black beans and corn.
  • anika_marie
    Options
    A lot of times when I eat chicken salads I just add salsa. Its pretty low cal and really flavorful.
  • jljune
    jljune Posts: 59
    Options
    You could try hummus and add a little vinegar or water to make it thinner....Trader Joe's has a wonderful Low Fat Cilantro dressing that is AWESOME!!! I love love love it. I even use it in my wraps.

297714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I use lemon juice. It is actually the only kind of dressing I like, but I do think it is especially delicious! Plus talk about low cal (!) and it gives you some Vitamin C!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    You could try hummus and add a little vinegar or water to make it thinner....Trader Joe's has a wonderful Low Fat Cilantro dressing that is AWESOME!!! I love love love it. I even use it in my wraps.

297714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Oh I forgot about hummus! That IS a good idea! I used to do that when I would make big batches of hummus... use some as dressing. Maybe I should soak some chickpeas tonight.... :wink:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Newman's Own Lighten Up Honey Mustard. It's only 75 calories for 2 tbls and the flavor is so intense, I generally only need one. Plus Newman's Own gives all their profits to charities.
  • bampitt
    bampitt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just squeezed an orange over my salad. It was wonderful!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Newman's Own Lighten Up Honey Mustard. It's only 75 calories for 2 tbls and the flavor is so intense, I generally only need one. Plus Newman's Own gives all their profits to charities.

That sounds awesome! I'll have to try to find it. Out here everything is so hard to come by! I just found the sandwich thins a few weeks ago...not at the grocery store..at Target none the less!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I use newmans light vinaigrette, its good! Or the spritz dressings but I don't like those as much but they are very low calorie.

~Leash :heart:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    The Kraft fat free raspberry vinegarette is tasty for a change.
  • fisher110
    fisher110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you like V-8 juice, you can mix a small can of V-8 with some white vinegar and them add some chopped up spices. (I like to use chopped up basil, garlic, oregano). Some groceries sell "Italian seasoning" which you can use to mix with it. This dressing is a nice change!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I like one part olive oil, 1 part red wine vinegar, and garlic powder to taste.
  • timeforchange
    Options
    thanks everyone!!
    Salsa and hummus as salad dressing are definitely something I've never heard of, but hey I'll try anything once!
    and I can't believe I forgot about Newman's! I'm excited to eat a new salad tomorrow!
    thanks again!
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    In the refridgerated salad dressing area, there are yogurt dressings made by Bolthouse. Yummy and lower in calories.
  • LivinTheLife
    Options
    snowflakes, The Kraft fat free raspberry vinaigrette is delicious! Have you tried the Light Done Right Red Wine Vinaigrette or Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Sicilian Roasted Garlic?
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Do you have Safeway near you? They have an Eating Right line that has numerous salad dressings. My favorite is Carmelized Onion and Poppyseed!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'll eat just about any salad dressing, but dip my fork in it rather than drown my salad!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I'll eat just about any salad dressing, but dip my fork in it rather than drown my salad!
    I do that too! It's saves SOO many calories!
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Anyone have any salad dressing ideas they'd like to share?! I'm so bored with my usual balsamic vinegar/evoo/s&p dressing. I want something new!!!

Any of the Walden Farms salad dressings
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the lemon juice, but I add a sprinkle of salt and pepper as well. :love: