Hi guys, just starting out

Options
Hi guys,

I'm Jenny. I've been a yo-yo dieter for most of my life but never seem to actually get anywhere. I am determined that this time I will do it and lose the weight. I am getting married on 6th July 2013 and really would like to be able to wear a smaller size of wedding dress. I think I have a long journey ahead of me, but hopefully it will be successful this time.

Look forward to getting to know some of you!!

Jenny xx:happy:

Replies

• michele2224
    Options
    I do believe when you have a goal like your wedding that should give you the strength to get through this, now there will be ups & downs (but who doesn't have them) the motivation will come due to a goal you have set. Good luck, feel free to add me if you like!!
  • KirstyFent
    Options
    A wedding will be the perfect motivation! Good luck x
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A tactic that many find beneficial is to break up your larger goal (smaller dress size in 11 months) into a series of smaller, manageable goals, like "I'm going to lose one pound this week". You'll find that the steady flow of rewards is very motivational. At 1 pound a week, you'll lose around 40 lbs (if you've got that to lose) by your wedding and still have 4 weeks to get your dress altered.

I'm happy to motivate and push. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Holliday2
    Holliday2 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just started a week ago and love this program. Journalling and knowing what you eat gives you motivation to improve each day. The lst week for me went well. You will succeed.
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny, I'm also getting married next year but I just want to gain weight haha. I've added you as a friend, so we can support each other! Re weight loss, I will forever champion green tea as it really kick-starts your metabolism.
  • 23Missy
    23Missy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    good luck to you Jenny. You can add me as a friend if you want. I'm doing weight watchers. (just started last wk) on here and on ww. but come here for support and to support others and for weigh in's. :)
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me for extra support:smile:
  • Jennybell21
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Ye I'm thinking I would love to try and lose 2lbs a week if possible, I think I could reach my goal quite easily with that as my target. Trying not to think too much about the final weigh in, just focussed on each week. Definitely will need a good push though!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny and welcome. Not sure what your exercise goals are but I host a "monthly miles challenge" each month for my personal friends. I'd be happy to help motivate and keep you on track.