Cravings

Options
JediSwan
JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
Well its that time and I am craving nothing but chocolate. I find that its helpful to have chocolate protein mix but I really, really want dark chocolate with caramel!!!

What do you all do when you have these cravings?

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Eat a little dark chocolate. A square of chocolate won't derail your fitness goals.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful I have a teenaged daughter! I can buy my favorite candy bar. eat a small bite from it and let the girl eat the rest! Otherwise I'd eat the whole thing!
  • sugerfree2
    sugerfree2 Posts: 69
    Options
    drinking chocolate, have a small piece of whatever one u fancy, dont be to mean on yourself :)
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate & carmel! What if you make a chocolate protein shake and add a Tbsp of sugar free caramel pudding mix? That would curb the craving and hit the spot. I wouldn't do it everyday but... :happy:
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I eat the chocolate. Just had 20g of very dark chocolate with some sliced banana. Yum!
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Thank you for those great ideas. This morning it hit bad so I made a mocha coffee protein drink. :) mmmmmm!!
    I have been contemplating whether or not to try to freeze my own sugar free chocolate covered bananas. I think I may be taking Sunday afternoons as my days to prep for the week's meals. I am finding I do so much better with portion control and then dont have to think much during the week about meals for the whole family and they turn out to be healthier and we eat out less. I want my girls to have better habits than I have and to hopefully not struggle with them.
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful I have a teenaged daughter! I can buy my favorite candy bar. eat a small bite from it and let the girl eat the rest! Otherwise I'd eat the whole thing!

Careful about designating her the clean up crew... (no offense meant).
  • JavaArk
    JavaArk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes drink a glass of Chocolate Soymilk when a sweet attack hits.
  • halla901
    halla901 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. My trainer told me that if I was having a craving then I should have some in moderation. Just do not over do it. Eat a square of dark chocolate ( which is known to be good for the heart). I do not know about the caramel..LOL!!! But have a piece and when you work out add an additional 15 to 20 minutes to burn those extra calories. That is one thing that I am not doing and that is eliminating any food groups. I watch my portions and do not eat sweets as much. I do not crave it and I think it is because I am eating more fruits which has its own sweetner in it.. Natural sweetness!!!
  • gsmarciano
    gsmarciano Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    there is a fro yo place by me that has chocopretzel and caramel flavored fro yo at 130 cal and 3 grams of fat and it really tastes like that - salty and sweet. check out ur local fro yo place for healthy alternatives.
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    You should have some chocolate then just don't have much :) Otherwise you will just carry on craving this and its more likely to lead to binging
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    eat the chocolate! I go through a bag of dark chocolate chips every week! I still lost over 30 pounds doing it too! There is NO WAY I will ever cut chocolate out of my daily food intake! I don't eat the entire bag in one day but it IS gone in 7 days!!! It keeps me happy and everyone in my family alive! LOL!
  • Holliday2
    Holliday2 Posts: 14
    Options
    I too am a chocolate lover, which caused the weight gain along with large portions of good healthy food. I find if I allow myself a bit of sweets than the cravings will go away. Fibre 1 have a new brownie out that is 110 cal. It is so chocolate and I love it. One is great and I don't want every day. Trust me sweets are the greatest downfall. I'm a great baker and love my cooking. If I don't eat regularly I crave sweets, mostly a chocolate bar. Now I eat on time and don't allow myself to get to the point where I'm starving. It seems to be working. Its only my lst week but its working well. I did weight watchers a few times and learned a lot of healthy tips to follow.
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm at work, exhausted all of a sudden and craving a mars bar! I need the sugar high! But a sweet instant coffee will have to do; I refuse to go to the shop and break a tenner for some chocolate :)
  • Jesswatt10
    Options
    I have the biggest sweet tooth! I go for the mini Milky Ways. Chocolate with the caramel filling.... yum. Each one is only 40 calories so they're not too bad as long as you don't eat them by the handful. I have mine stashed in the highest cabinet in my kitchen so I have to nearly climb on the counter to get them, it does disuade me from eating them... occasionally.
  • tristanathan
    Options
    Well its that time and I am craving nothing but chocolate. I find that its helpful to have chocolate protein mix but I really, really want dark chocolate with caramel!!!

What do you all do when you have these cravings?

I've been trying to cut back on the sweets in general, but chocolate is my downfall :( I love it!

Last night, I was really wanting some chocolate, so I made some chocolate "pudding."

I used plain 0% fat greek yogurt (about 6 oz - 100 calories)
    1-2 tsp of Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa powder (3-10 calories depending on your taste)
    Truvia to sweeten to taste (0 calores)

It's a little tart, but it's still chocolatey, high in protein and hit that chocolate fix.

If you have a few extra calories, consider a little sugar free caramel drizzle or fat free reddi whip and jimmies (to make it extra special).
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    EAT THE CHOCOLATE!!!! EAT IT! DO IT!

What I REALLY love is chocolate covered sunflower seeds. Mmmmmm.

Everything.....in moderation. It's not gonna kill ya as long as it fits into your macros.

If you don't yield to it....it'll make your craving that much worse.

EAT THE CHOCOLATE!!! DON'T BE AFRAID! :-)
  • JediSwan
    Options
    You all made me laugh and smile this morning. Thank you! I LOVE dark chocolate! My office mate loves Reese's peanut butter cups. She's addicted to them. However, she's rail thin and I dont think I've ever seen her gain a pound. And she keeps Reese's pieces in a bowl on her desk. Grrr! Gotta love her though!

I am becoming more responsible with what I eat and portions. I saw that Hershey's now makes some temptation chocolates that are lower in sugar and calories and I thought about getting a bag and just eating one if I get that craving but I am one of those people that needs to quit things cold turkey or I get in trouble. So that's why I do the chocolate protein drink.

We dont have a fro yo and I have no idea what that even is. LOL

The greek yogurt with chocolate is interesting . . . I may have to try that.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Nutella. On some toast or something. It helps, its all the tastes I want from chocolate. And pretty forgiving in moderation.