What are your 'health nsv's?

Options
TrailRunner61
TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
What are yours??

I've had several!

My cholesterol is lower.
Triglercerides are WAY lower.
Blood pressure is lower and I was able to drop one bp med!
My resting heart rate went from the 90's to the low 60's!
I'm now in a healthy weight range. I went from 32% body fat to 24! From 179lbs to 137.
I have a LOT more energy.
I have fewer migraines.
My knees still make 'crunching' sounds but no longer hurt.
I can wear a seatbelt without putting it 'under' my belly! I can also feel my collar bone under the shoulder strap.
My balance is better.
I used to sweat while sitting. Now I sweat during workouts and love it.
I don't have to sleep with 3 pillows anymore. I used to have to sleep with one between my knees and one behind my back to help prevent pain due to my big, fat stomach!
I no longer have indigestion and I'm not living on Tums or Rolaids anymore.
According to my husband, I don't snore as loud. yay
My back doesn't hurt near as much.
My fibromyalgia is 90% better!
No more asthma problems and I don't get out of breath walking.

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I never had high blood pressure or anything but I have way less stomach issues like indigestion and stomachaches. I still get migraines but less frequently. I wish I could say my endometriosis has improved but it really hasn't.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Since I started exercising my resting heart rate went from 110 to 70.
    My skin cleared up when I came off the low cal diet.
    my finger nails got really strong and long since I started upping protein.
    Since I started logging I realize how horrible I am at iron and calcium so I actually get my nutrients now.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure has gone from high to normal.
    My BMI has gone from morbidly obese to overweight...still working towards normal.
    My skin looks better from all the water I drink
    I recently stopped taking my last prescription pill for my stomach issues. Now all I take are supplements and allergy meds (the joys of living in the Ohio Valley..lol!).
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    Since I started logging I realize how horrible I am at iron and calcium so I actually get my nutrients now.
    Wow 110 to 70 is awesome! Congratulations!
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    My BMI has gone from morbidly obese to overweight...still working towards normal.
    I recently stopped taking my last prescription pill for my stomach issues. Now all I take are supplements and allergy meds (the joys of living in the Ohio Valley..lol!).
    Congratulations! I remember when I went from the obese category to overweight. It was an awesome feeling. I'm just a few pounds into the healthy weight range but that feels good too!
    I wish I could get off all of my blood pressure meds. I was sure I'd be able to once I lost weight but I'm still maxed out on one med for it. My Dr. said it may be an inherited type and I'll always be on meds but I'm hoping that I can at least lower the dose someday.
    Again congratulations! You've made a lot of progress and I'm proud of you!
  • jcjsjones
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember when I went from the obese category to overweight. It was an awesome feeling. I'm just a few pounds into the healthy weight range but that feels good too!
    I wish I could get off all of my blood pressure meds. I was sure I'd be able to once I lost weight but I'm still maxed out on one med for it. My Dr. said it may be an inherited type and I'll always be on meds but I'm hoping that I can at least lower the dose someday.
    Again congratulations! You've made a lot of progress and I'm proud of you!

Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement! They are greatly appreciated!! Good luck to you and your continued success!! :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No more GI issues
    No more random knee pain
    Lots of energy without pills
    A flight of stairs doesn't send me panting for breath
    Easier to tie my shoes
    Easier to get out of bed in the morning

That's all I can think of right now.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Not a physical NSV, more a mental one: I'm going to go with my whole attitude toward food and the acceptance of my attitude by my family. We made homemade ice cream last night and I knew we were going to earlier in the day, so I planned for a 1/2 cup of it when I figured out my meals. When the ice cream was ready, my hubby cheerfully asked, "how much can you have?" He even got out a 1/2 cup measure and plopped the ice cream in. However, it was a mounded 1/2 cup and when I told him it needed to be flat, he didn't argue or anything, he just scraped off the mound before transferring it into a bowl.

No one fusses about my measuring cups and spoons at the table or my getting up from the table to weigh things before putting them on my plate. At this point, it would feel very weird not to do these things and I'm grateful for an understanding family.
  • jcjsjones
    Options
    No more GI issues
    No more random knee pain
    Lots of energy without pills
    A flight of stairs doesn't send me panting for breath
    Easier to tie my shoes
    Easier to get out of bed in the morning

That's all I can think of right now.

You're doing wonderful!! Keep it up, Girlie!!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I can sleep on my stomach again!
    My knee doesn't hurt anymore!
    I can walk (with some jogging intervals) 5 miles without getting winded!
    I am no longer obese!
    I have tons of energy!
    I look better!
    Etc. etc. etc.!
    =)
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My hands don't go numb randomly in the middle of the night anymore.
    My periods are becoming more regular.
    It's much easier to sit up without back support.
    I'm not as tired at the end of the work day.
    I am not positive, but I think my blood pressure has probably fallen, it was a little elevated.
    I get less stomach aches and headaches.

TONS more, too. And I've only lost 20 pounds. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  • SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm walking much better, less pain in my back and hip.
    We're reducing my diabetes medication, my last A1C test came back at 5.5 (normal range!)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Wow 110 to 70 is awesome! Congratulations!
    Thanks, the scary thing is I was in the middle of healthy on the bmi scale. Not a scale of health, surely. It's also nice to be able to walk 2 feet without me losing my breath lol.

Congrats on everything as well! That's a long list. I want to bring this up to my bf but he'd get mad lol. He suffers from the loud snoring (only since he put on a bit of weight) and especially suffers the sweat thing (he's always complaining he's to warm and sweaty and it's cold here). My sister has the same problem. She tilts her head and her armpits cry a river lol.
  • SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    You all are doing great! Congratulations to all of you on your victories!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!