Food Should Taste Good -now GMO

Options
Has anyone else noticed that Food should taste good chips now use genetically modified corn! The reason why I bought them in the first place was because they were Non GMO. I did a little digging and found that General Mills bought them this past April, and now of course, they are using GMO corn.

This sucks, whenever a small independent food company gets bought by a big global food company it seems that profits become the number one priority..Sigh!

BTW: They are not "annoucing" that they are no longer NON GMO... if you read the package, the "Non GMO" label has mysteriously disappeared from the bag. I emailed thier CS and am waiting to hear back....

I am referring to the sweet potato variety.

Replies

• vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is a bummer. :noway:
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is a bummer. :noway:

Agree. Because once I check a food out, I tend to put it in a list in my head that says it's ok. It would never occur to me that the ingredients could change. It's a wakeup call for me.
  • nmclaurin
    nmclaurin Posts: 43
    Options
    Me too. I loved those chips! Now I've switched to Gardin of Eatin' sweet potato chips. They don't taste the same but they are organic and non gmo.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    It's really scary how few Non GMO options are left. Thanks for calling this one out! Good grief.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I just look at it like this:

Corn, in its modern form, does not appear in nature. Therefore, all corn is a GMO. Same with Bananas, Watermelon, Cows, and just about everything else.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This REALLY REALLY makes me sad because I'm addicted to the sweet potato and olive chips! Total downer! :huh:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    mat.png
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    If we stop buying it they will stop making it because they won't be able to sell it.

Read read read all food labels. if it's made from corn or soy know that 90% of this is gmo. Gmo isn't safe!

good news cali will have the right to vote to label all gmo foods come this voting season. 97% said they will vote it has to be labeled! We all got together and raised the million needed to get it onto the ballot. Several organic companies chipped in and gave another million.

www.mercola.com

This is where it all started. Monsanto has their days numbered.
    You can search real research on this and other issues in this database.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Corn is the product of genetically modified grain. What's the big deal?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Corn, in its modern form, does not appear in nature. Therefore, all corn is a GMO. Same with Bananas, Watermelon, Cows, and just about everything else.

It's called evolution. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    mat.png

Epic pic from one of my favorite films!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options

It's called evolution. :laugh:

The common corn seed is genetically modified to withstand the tons of chemicals (round-up) that is sprayed on them, I believe that when people are referencing GMO this is what they are talking about.
    Also, GMO seeds are produced almost exclusively by Montsano, the same wonderful people that brought us DDT and Agent Orange and that sued and ravished hundreds of small farmers that refused to purchase their seeds.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    GMO is awesome. Why would you stop buying food because its been enhanced by science?
  • johnsander378
    Options
    There is a huge, huge difference between artificial selection and genetic modification. I heard, correct me if I'm wrong, the GM corn has the genome of a bacteria that produces a natural pesticide implanted in it's DNA, so that every single cells (millions of cells) in that corn produces that pesticide, and therefore it can not be washed off like sprayed pesticides. I am pretty sure no one's getting cancer from bananas, but we don't know what these GMO's are going to do to our bodies because they haven't been tested in human trials very long or if at all.