70 day detox... For my health!

Options
I am not happy with myself at all. I have been watching my calories... but I have been eating "diet" and all the wrong kinds of foods. I'm tired, I'm sluggish, I'm fat and I'm misrable. I'm done. I have given myself a goal... a 10 week detox - 70 days. Nothing crazy like cabbage soup only or anything like that... this is not about the weight. This is about my health. Without health; I have nothing. So, for the next 10 weeks, I am going to eat only whole and clean foods (veggies, fruits, lean protien, low fat dairy, whole grains and drink only water and unsweetened green tea). My goal is to workout 30 minutes a day or at least 3.5 hours a week. I'm sure this detox will help me feel much better and help me become healthier. Any weight loss that comes with it is just an added bonus! :) Wish me luck!!!!

Replies

• deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey Skinny Kitty! Thanks for requesting me as a friend first of all! =)

I will definitely help support you, motivate you and assist in any way i can. I am a very strict clean eater. The only thing i really do not make myself is bread (i use Ezekial Sprouted Grains) and Greek Yogurt. I make my own crackers (from seeds), hummus, salsas, sauces, drinks, protein bars, all my meals from scratch, etc. Everything my husband and i eat is all natural and unprocessed. A lot of organic and superfoods as well. I used to be 117 and a size 4, but let other things get in the way, on top of health issues. I was fit, healthy and athletic up until my mid 20's. I became 225 and a size 18 (pushing 20). I joined MFP in February. I have lost almost 50 pounds since then by eating clean, NOT DIETING, and by working out! I am now 179 and a size 10/12. Still have a ways to go, but i am doing it slow and steady. I drink TONS of water and i always have. I love my tea too. I still have my coffeee in the morning and an occassional adult beverage.

The one thing i will tell you is that i considered this a detox for my health as well. I have never felt so amazing and full of energy since i began eating clean. My hair, nails and skin are amazing. I haven't been sick at all. My migraines stopped along with some other health issues. I can only imagine how much better my numbers are (LDL, HDL, triglycerides, etc.) - i need to get them re-checked. My family has a ton of health issues, so health was my number one priority and still is. The weight loss is a bonus!!!! And a fine one at that!

Long term my goal is to compete in figure/bikini competitions (i was training at one time for them). In the meantime, health is number one!

So, i know that was long winded but i wanted you to know how i will help you!!!!!

You can do this and you will do this!!!!!!! You will feel amazing inside and out!!!!

Good luck and i look forward to sharing in your journey!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!!!
    Thanks so much for the really kind and inspiring words! This is a new chapter of my life and I really want it to stick. I always seem to go on a "yoyo" diet (I tried them all... Slim Fast, Slim Quick, HCG injections, B12 injections, Calorie counting, Weight watchers, no carb, all fruit, etc...) or try the newest and latest fads and I think thats why my metabolism is so out of whack! I give in very easily and give up very easily. I think I was trying to lose weight really quickly and never thought about what I was doing to my body and my health. In 2004 I was at my smallest... I am 5'11" and I was 149. I was tiny. I remember my mom telling me to stop losing weight... and I was not on a diet... I just danced for hours every night. I was a total club rat. LOL. Now that I am 30... I have ballooned up to 213 at my all time heaviest. I am now down 5 lbs and hope to make a lifetime change. I'm not expecting to lose weight overnight... but I really want to get rid of this weight. I feel horrible, no clothes fit me and I am very self concious. I have realized that I need to make a lifestyle change and I really hope that I can stick with this. I am trying to eat as clean as possible... however I have not started to make my own crackers and everything... but I am not eating anything processed... baby steps. :) I'm trying to eat everything fresh, like lots of produce and veggies and eat lean meats, low fat dairy, whole grains and drinking only water and green tea. I am avoiding anything fried, "fast", processed and in a wrapper. :)
    I have not started working out yet... what do you do? I dont have a gym membership but I do have a bike that I love to ride and I am learning how to surf right now. I'm horrible at it.. but it's a great workout! I'm exhausted after 5 min's of just paddling out! LOL!! My problem is that I'm always exhausted when I get home from work.. I need some kind of motivation to get moving when I get home!
    Thanks again for the support and I can't wait to share this life experience with you! :blushing:
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!

Baby steps are good! They are still steps in the right direction!

As far as working out, i constantly mix it up. I no longer have a gym membership. My husband and i have our own gym in our house. We are fully equipped (treadmill, elliptical, stair climber, recumbant bikes, olympic bench, multi station gym, weights, resistance bands, dip/pullup station, boxing station, etc.). I also have resistance bands, a bosu ball, medicine ball and stability ball.

Currently, i am doing 4 weeks of the Slim Series DVD's by BeachBody. I was doing a very heavy 6 week lifting prgram prior, so i wanted to switch it up and do a series of intense cardio with light weight training and high reps to keep my body and muscles guessing. I think i am going to do Power 90 next and then P90X. I did both before and had great results. I would then like to do Insanity again; also by BeachBody. I also walk during my lunch break and try and walk/jog during the weeknights and on the weekends when time allows. I love to workout and for me it is a huge stress reliever from my super stressful job. I get very cranky if i don't workout now!!! I am always mixing it up though. Fitness is a hobby of mine, so i always research different routines and play around with how my routines are structured. I am an avid Oxygen reader and use a lot from that mag as well. I must have a dozen different books on weight training and fitness so i can put my own routines together! I do get bored quickly, so i like to switch it up every 4 weeks. The Power 90 and P90X are tough for me since they are 3 month programs - boredom kicks in.

I was always athletic and played every sport. It's all about doing something you love!! My husband and i like to go for long hikes on the weekends because we love being out in nature. If you love biking and surfing, keep it up!!!! You will stick with it. I am a firm beleiver in resistance/strength training though. It's the only way in which you can truly reshape your body!

I used to be a morning exerciser for years. Now, i am at work by 6:30 am, so i don't workout in the mornings anymore. It's after work. I was always exhausted when i came home too. Until i switched my mindset. Once i started eating clean and was determined to get back into shape, it became very easy to be motivated every night to workout. Now it is strictly a habit!!! And like i said, it is a huge stress reliever for me. I have also learned that my body responds better and performs much better in afternoon and evening workouts than in morning workouts. I find i have a lot more energy through the evening hours as well now. Then i sleep like a baby!!!!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me. Starting today.. I'm working out!! Just got back from a walk on my 15 min break... I am going to walk on each break and then workout when I get home. I tried to workout in the am, but I am not a morning person and I was doing my workout half *kitten*... and I dont want to do that. I do it alot harder when I do it in the afternoon/evening. :)