Ladies close to goal - help please!!

Options
for the past weeks I have been netting 1390 as advised by mfp and eating back my exercise cals monitored using a hrm x cheesy strap. With 5 lb to lose weight loss has slowed and I want a calorie total I can use daily. My job is at a desk and sedentary really but I exercise 4/5 days a week -hrm saying burning 500+ cals which I was eating back hence why I think my
Loss has slowed as maybe not accurate and I don't have much to lose so my defecit could be wiped out. On fat2fit my moderatly active total is 2103 but is that sedentary with exercise of 3-5 days? Or should I go for lightly active at 1-3 as I sit down all day but gym 4/5 times? Ahhh!
So if it's 2103 I need to subtract 20%?
1682 so I eat 1682 daily and don't eat back ex cals? My hrm says I'm
Burning 2000-2500 cals a week....
How is anyone else finding doing it this way? Scared it's too much.

Replies

• toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Haha I love predictive text. Cheesy strap made me laugh! Chest strap I meant. Ha!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My advice would be not to eat back all of your exercise calories. I broke my stalling with eating more rather than less calories.
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Can you explain what you mean? Don't eat back exercise cals but u ate more?
  • stacymama5
    Options
    I have read on here the pros and cons of eating back your exercise calories. I was stuck for a couple of weeks, when I ate my calorie limit (mine was 1200) and I ate back my exercise calories, I started losing weight again.
  • stacymama5
    Options
    Also, I started taking a B complex vitamin which apparently speeds up you metabolism. It sure helped me.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    for the past weeks I have been netting 1390 as advised by mfp and eating back my exercise cals monitored using a hrm x cheesy strap. With 5 lb to lose weight loss has slowed and I want a calorie total I can use daily. My job is at a desk and sedentary really but I exercise 4/5 days a week -hrm saying burning 500+ cals which I was eating back hence why I think my
    Loss has slowed as maybe not accurate and I don't have much to lose so my defecit could be wiped out. On fat2fit my moderatly active total is 2103 but is that sedentary with exercise of 3-5 days? Or should I go for lightly active at 1-3 as I sit down all day but gym 4/5 times? Ahhh!
    So if it's 2103 I need to subtract 20%?
    1682 so I eat 1682 daily and don't eat back ex cals? My hrm says I'm
    Burning 2000-2500 cals a week....
    How is anyone else finding doing it this way? Scared it's too much.

My bodybugg tells me that I burn an average of 2250 in a month, so I have my calorie goal set at 2000. I have been doing that since the new year went from 166 to 155. I do gain a pound back each month during ovulation that I have to "re-lose" but I am NOW in the last 10 pounds I want to lose and my weight loss hasn't stalled over the last 5 months :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    as u are close to goal, try changing your cls to losing just half pound... i did this 4lbs from goal, and lost 2lbs after a week! you need to get one eye on maintenance and start uping your cals.
  • smoodgelly
    smoodgelly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi not experienced to offer proper advice but am at same stage as you & looking for a friend! I've lost 1 1/2 stone & trying to lose last bit, fitten & tone up. It's going slowly. Good luck!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Fat 2 fit is based on how many hours day you work out. for example: I lift 3 days a week right now for around 45 minutes total for each of those 3 days. I have a desk job so I do lightly active. If you work out 4-5 times a week totaling around 3-5 hours of moderately intense exercises then I would pick Moderate as my level.
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    as u are close to goal, try changing your cls to losing just half pound... i did this 4lbs from goal, and lost 2lbs after a week! you need to get one eye on maintenance and start uping your cals.

Thanks for this tip--it definitely upped my caloric intake goal, which will definitely help me. I've been so depressed and mad at myself when I go over lately, even though I just have 2 pounds to go.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Thanks for this tip--it definitely upped my caloric intake goal, which will definitely help me. I've been so depressed and mad at myself when I go over lately, even though I just have 2 pounds to go.

I have 20 pounds to go, but have stalled at my half-way point (still losing though, around .5 - 1 pound a week... also think it slowed because of my food choices). I'm slowly increasing my caloric intake and changing up my workout routine to see if that helps. I'm going for the "confuse and destroy" battle tactic. We'll see, fingers crossed! I can't exactly eat less, since I'm already at 1100-1200. Time to up that, woo hoo!! A few extra blueberries for me a day. :P
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options

^^ What she said! General rule of thumb that I found elsewhere on the forums:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Since you're in your last 15 lbs, don't try to lose so fast! You can do this :)
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    i was advised to start strength training more than cardio as i get closer to my goal, not sure if its working as i have only done it for two days so far, but i am enjoying it anyway so will keep it up! cant do any harm, right!! i have 12lb to go from starting point of 35lbs x
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I had a cheesy strap on my HRM. It fell off and got lost. I scoured the neighborhood for the old one, bought a new one and eventually found the old one balled up in a corner. <sigh> I suppose it can be the spare now! LOL.