Slim Fast 3-2-1???

Options
I have been looking into the SlimFast 3-2-1 Plan and I am interested in trying it. Anyone tried it? Have any good results? Recommend it or totally against it? Want to hear all stories. Thanks ahead!

Replies

• kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Its expensive, really not that good for you, not as filling as it says and I regain after because I didnt learn better eating habits
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Its expensive, really not that good for you, not as filling as it says and I regain after because I didnt learn better eating habits

i've not done it myself, but this ^^^ is what I hear most often from friends/acquaintances who've done it
  • allishax9918
    Options
    I think it taste really good! I bought the 3-2-1 Royal Chocolate shakes yesterday. I weighed 194 and today and I weigh 193.6 on my scale *which can be inconsistant as well*. The shake filled me up just fine for breakfast on the go. You figure you have 3 snacks a day to go with that as well and one 500ish calorie meal. It was 9 bucks for a pack of 8 and 4 something for a pack of 4. I can repost at the end of the week if I've lost any weight!
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    I have been looking into the SlimFast 3-2-1 Plan and I am interested in trying it. Anyone tried it? Have any good results? Recommend it or totally against it? Want to hear all stories. Thanks ahead!

I don't do the 3-2-1, but I drink a SlimFast High Protein shake with skim milk every morning, and that breakfast keeps me full until lunch, unlike any other breakfast I try. While I appreciate that snacking is healthy, I tend to overdo snacking and choose crap food, so I like that the shake keeps me full until mealtime. I do eat "real" food for lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner though.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Exactly. At the end of the day, you can suck down all of the "food" product that Slim Fast makes. You still haven't learned how to eat like a normal human being. Also, Slim fast products are loaded with sugar and are pretty nutritionally void. I can't imagine why anyone would rather eat that over real food when the whole basis for weight loss is a calorie deficit, whether you are in the deficit by eating actual food or some sugar bomb Slim Fast shake with unidentifiable ingredients.

For example, this is the Slim fast cappuccino flavor ingredient list...milk, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, canola oil and artificial flavors...YUM!:

Fat Free Milk , Water , Sugar , Guar Arabic , Calcium Caseinate , Cellulose Gel , Coffee Powder , Natural Flavor , Artificial Flavor , Potassium Phosphate , Canola Oil , Soybean Lecithin , Cellulose Gum , High Fructose Corn Syrup , Mono- and Diglycerides Emulsifier , Carrageenan , Maltodextrin , Dextrose , Magnesium Phosphate , Calcium Phosphate , Sodium Ascorbate , Vitamin E Acetate , Zinc Gluconate , Ferric Orthophosphate , Niacinamide , Calcium Pantothenate , Manganese Sulfate , Vitamin A Palmitate , Pyridoxine Hydrochloride , Riboflavin , Thiamin Mononitrate , Folic Acid , Chromium Chloride , Biotin , Sodium Molybdate , Potassium Iodide , Phylloquinone Vitamin K1 , Sodium Selenite , Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12 , Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    They are quite high in sugar, and as has been said they work based on a calorie defecit.

So I would suggest it is better to do that with food. Same result, less sugar, more variety, cleaner eating.
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    a waste of money in my opinion, full of sugar 25-35grams in some, so close or over daily limits, you will not loose weight on a high sugar diet, you are better off eating clean.

Dont waste your money on these products, you will not learn to eat better, its not a quick weight loss solution, weight loss is 60% food and 40% exersize.

x