Friend me!! Support me!!

Options
Hi. Im new here and would love some friends and support! MY "offline " support has not worked out, but I haven't given up!! I'm looking for friends and support! Would LOVE that!

Im trying to lose 20-30 pounds...for health..........and ok, I'll admit..vanity!! I've lost 11 pounds on my own, but have not had much luck with outside support in my last 20-30 pounds. (My profile details this a bit more) Since I'm a realist, I understand the ball is in my court, and Im the person responsible for making any weight loss happen. However, I want and need friends and support! I've tried forming running groups, walking groups, etc., but have had no luck. It just gets lonely always doing it by myself! Would anyone care to lend me their hand? ~Kelly

Replies

• LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you like. I am 40 (ok 41 next week) and have 2 kids, 10 and 5, am married and currently unemployed. I have about 90lbs let to lose and I log on everyday, I don't always post but I always support and comment when you need a little push, or advice. Good luck!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hello,My name is Holly i'm 42 have 1 son he's 24 2 daughters 21 &15,i also need support with weight loss you my ADD me if you like.2 of my child are my husbands but to me there my also.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    My friends list is dwindling down to just a handful, so add me if you like.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You can friend me! I would like to lose another 25 lbs and started running about 2 months ago.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    YEAH, BEST ADVISE IS STAY AWAY FROM THE NEGATIVE LIBERAL MINDED WHO JUST TEAR DOWN AND NEVER BUILD UP A PERSON.
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me if you like. I can help support.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. Good luck, you can do this! This is an awesome place to get support and understanding
  • beckihadfield87
    Options
    Hey, add me, I log daily and will support you all the way!
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Started 100 days ago today! 24lbs down so far 26 more to go give or take 5. I log in everyday and am determined to be an example and a friend. Good luck!
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. This site has helped me immensely.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Friend Request Sent!
  • johnnys30
    johnnys30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.

FWIW I began taking supplements to assist with weight loss last November and kept that up and still take them. I began hitting the gym fairly hard in April. 2 months later from supplements and gym I weighed the exact same. I saw changes in my body, but whatever weight I had lost was replaced by muscle.

One day I went to Arby's and got their chicken salad wrap. Chicken, grapes, walnuts and a wrap, sounded like a good choice to me. I stopped and talked to the secretary when I got back and she looked it up and told me it was 640 calories! That next morning I joined MFP and began sticking to my calories it gave me. In 50 days using MFP I'm down 14 lbs while continuing everything I had been doing before but not losing any weight. I didn't eat a lot, but it was almost all convenience food that was just loaded with calories. Knowing what I ate and sticking to my goal made all the difference for me.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me! I am 10 pounds into a 40 lb weight loss. Started MFP in May.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Always happy to have new, supportive friends! Please feel free to friend me and welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a 41 year old mom to two boys (ages 3 and 8). I work part time as a substitute teacher, and log every day, days when I'm home, I leave MFP up all day :) I've lost 29 pounds, only 11 to go! But the last ones seem to be the hardest.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    always looking to add more friends... I accept all requests!!!
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You can send me a friend request if you'd like! Don't mind a bit. I'm 33, I've lost 42 lbs, and I'd LOVE to lose those last. three. stubborn. pounds. I REFUSE to give up!

I'm a little quirky, I love to sing on here, I try to make people laugh, but most of all, I TRY and be as supportive as I can. I have a great support system within MFP and I've actually grown to consider ALL of them my friends!

:-)
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm on here everday. Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra support :)
  • JessicaPiche89
    JessicaPiche89 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like :) I have a lot to lose and could use the extra encouragement as well.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request ... I'm here most every day and try to be supportive of my MFP friends!