INSANITY

Options
So, I am going to attempt doing Insanity but I would like to hear from people on here that have tried it. How much weight did you lose,.... how much more fit did it make you feel and do you have before and afters? Help please!?

Replies

• newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I.LOVE.IT!!! I am on day 51 tomorrow and planning to do a 2nd round. As of day 49, I've only lost 4.3 lbs, but I've lost 17.5 inches overall!
    My fit test numbers have only improved. I can actually do push-ups! (not always as many as they do on the video, but way better than when I started.) I went to my gym for the first time on Saturday to do BodyCombat. I typically burn 5-600 cals and my max heart rate would hit about 185-190. This time I still burned about 500 cals, but my heart rate didn't get above 161. I know it's because of the cardio training from Insanity.

I'm not done, but here are my before and during photos:

3133klj.jpg

50l5bp.jpg

Take pictures and measurements when you start; you will want them to compare! I also use a heart rate monitor to track the calories burned.

There are several regular threads around Insanity; I would recommend finding one to check in with. I also joined an accountability group on Fb because I'm on there a lot as well - it was a great help!

This is the Insanity progress thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/641116-insanity-updates-progress-new-group

This is my post on my Insanity progress: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673638-insanity-progress-pics-6-weeks-in-i-would-have-quit

This is a women's insanity thread that was started recently: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/674623-official-women-s-insanity-group-time-to-change

Hope that helps! As you can see, I am loving Insanity! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity and let me personally tell you...its tough but doable :) And so much fun :)
  • beccalinda44
    Options
    I completed Insanity while I was doing Weight Watchers. I lost a total of 51 pounds. It is a hard workout. I would recommend trying it out at your own pace to start off and to add the intensity as you go. Also they send you a meal plan that is great and helps the weight loss. Good luck!
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day and I am loving it already.... Nice good workout and then nice cold shower.... Although most people say they lose inches more rather then weight, but I am looking to lose both....
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm sorry I don't have any before and after pictures, because I'm a chicken, but I have words to share :)

First advice, I found that a headband is not a good idea, its a GREAT IDEA! Also I tend to have icecube in my water because otherwise I drink the water to fast and I end up feeling like I am going to throw up. I would recommend before and after pictures and measurements. Take your rest days and rest don't push yourself even if you feel like you are going to be okay. . .you need to rest! More advice if you need to cheat do it! I did one round of insanity and I loved it. My whole body ached, I could hardly get myself to workout I was so sore. My knees hurt so bad and I thought I was going to die during my workouts. At the end, it was wonderful, I loved it! I miss it! When you think you are going to die, that is when you need to dig. When you think you can't do it, remember you can!

Feel free to add me. I'll be starting insanity August 20th after my foot heals and vacation is over!
  • MrsVllnva
    MrsVllnva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am currently on my second week of Insanity. I haven't seem much change in my body yet, but I know it's too soon for that. What I can tell you, though, is that I thought I was going to die the first week, but I feel great this week! The workouts are intense, but I think they are so worth it. I love this workout!!! I haven't weighed myself in a long time, because I think it's just a number. I am focusing on liking the way I look and feeling better about myself. Good luck, sorry I wasn't much help but you're not alone!!
  • erookjr
    erookjr Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity May 7th - July 8th. I started my 2nd round July 9th. I can honestly say, if your diet is on point and you PRESS play every day, and give your all, you'll be fine. I do thing that having a heart rate monitor will definitely help you as well b/c I use it to make sure my heart rate stays in a FAT burning zone. Here are my 1st round results.

I lost a total of 12 lbs, the first round. The first month, my diet was okay but I started reading and finding a better way to eat. I used my own diet that I was comfortable with.

Waist: -6 inches
    Neck: -1.5 inches
    Chest: -5.5 inches
    R/L Arms: -2 inches (both)
    R/L Thigh: -2 inches (both)

Weight went from 247 to 235.

It looks like I lost more than 12 lbs, but alot of my fat was converted into muscle.

Yes, it's very important to purchase a tape measure and camera to track progress. If you don't have these items, GET THEM ASAP. Don't want anyone to be discourage thinking that you aren't making progress when you REALLY are.

I hope this helped!

Myfirst60days.jpg
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I LOVE INSANITY!! I lost a total of 8 pounds in one month and inches everywhere! I recommend it very much! I am just starting the 2nd month and it's hard, but awesome!
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 and I am loving it!!! I haven't lost any weight yet but so far I have lost 1.5inches from my waist and 1 inch from my hips. Like someone else said put ice in your water otherwise you will drink it too fast. Also make sure to take before pictures and measurements that way when you are feeling defeated you can look at where you came from and keep moving forward. Good luck! :)
  • GetFitWilliams
    GetFitWilliams Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week and it's hard but I am busting chop and sticking to it. I haven't lost anything yet, but i have changed my diet and amd determined to press play everyday, so I know I will be seeing a change in no time. Good luck to everyone!!!!
  • lrapp28
    lrapp28 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Final Fit Test 5 Results

Fit Test 1 VS Fit Test 5

Switch kicks 40 / 58 + 18
    Power Jacks 30 / 45 + 15
    Power Knees 60 / 90 + 30
    Power Jumps 20 / 32 +12
    Globe Jumps 5 / 8 +3
    Suicide Jumps 6 / 10 +4
    Push up Jacks 8 / 23 + 13
    Low Plank Oblique 20 / 45 + 25

Measurements 5/21/ vs 7/24
    Chest 50 / 46.5 - 3 1/2
    Waist 55/ 51 -4
    hips 54 / 50 -4
    Neck 18 / 17 -1
    Biceps 18 / 15.75 -2 1/4
    Thigh 26.5 / 24 - 2 1/2
    Calf 18.25 / 16.25 - 2

Weight 297 / 281.9 - 15.1 lbs
    Body fat% 44.8 / 37 - 7.8%

That Fit test was HARD but the change from day one's fit test are extraordinary.
    The inches lost are great but I was hoping for some more weight loss but I'm not complaining

Starting round 2 next week
  • Ven79
    Ven79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW -you look great!
    I.LOVE.IT!!! I am on day 51 tomorrow and planning to do a 2nd round. As of day 49, I've only lost 4.3 lbs, but I've lost 17.5 inches overall!
    My fit test numbers have only improved. I can actually do push-ups! (not always as many as they do on the video, but way better than when I started.) I went to my gym for the first time on Saturday to do BodyCombat. I typically burn 5-600 cals and my max heart rate would hit about 185-190. This time I still burned about 500 cals, but my heart rate didn't get above 161. I know it's because of the cardio training from Insanity.

I'm not done, but here are my before and during photos:

3133klj.jpg

50l5bp.jpg

Take pictures and measurements when you start; you will want them to compare! I also use a heart rate monitor to track the calories burned.

There are several regular threads around Insanity; I would recommend finding one to check in with. I also joined an accountability group on Fb because I'm on there a lot as well - it was a great help!

This is the Insanity progress thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/641116-insanity-updates-progress-new-group

This is my post on my Insanity progress: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673638-insanity-progress-pics-6-weeks-in-i-would-have-quit

This is a women's insanity thread that was started recently: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/674623-official-women-s-insanity-group-time-to-change

Hope that helps! As you can see, I am loving Insanity! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    its tough but doable :) And so much fun :)

This, so much this

I ended up loving every workout, and in a perverse way, looked forward to the intensity every day :laugh:

I'm starting my last week this week, so far lost about 13 lbs, and definitely some inches (didnt do measurements, i know) but the most noticable change for me was the amount of definition gained in both my arms and stomach...good stuff

I will be doing another round sometime after I finish this one, feel free to add me
  • barbdots1229
    Options
    Excellent feedback regarding the INSANITY as I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy it. Did anyone find it cheaper out there? What's the going price for the complete package?
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am on day 24 today...I have lost 2.5 lbs so far but more than that...the way i feel..i feel so much stronger! I can see my body changing!! It is hard work but push thru even on days you just hurt and you wont regret it!!!!!!!!
  • MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    Thank you for posting sorry I have been in bed and then at work all day since I posted this. I hope I can do it but I know I am going to try my best to do some of it until I can build up to it.... PRAY FOR ME...and everyone keep me updated and you all that posted pics look great! Camera ( check ) Measuring tape ( check )!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    iphonepics011.jpg

iphonepics010.jpg

This were day 1....

iphonepics009.jpg

iphonepics008.jpg

this was the end of month one.....

iphonepics022.jpg

iphonepics023.jpg

day 57.... I didn't do the whole 63 days and i didn't lose any weight.
  • pinkprincess1952
    Options
    Excellent feedback regarding the INSANITY as I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy it. Did anyone find it cheaper out there? What's the going price for the complete package?

I got mine for free through beach body.com
  • pinkprincess1952
    Options
    iphonepics011.jpg

iphonepics010.jpg

This were day 1....

iphonepics009.jpg

iphonepics008.jpg

this was the end of month one.....

iphonepics022.jpg

iphonepics023.jpg

day 57.... I didn't do the whole 63 days and i didn't lose any weight.

Did you drop any pant sizes?
  • Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two, day four. :) It's challenging, but if I can do it anyone can! :P no results yet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!