Tummy help needed...

Options
Okay so I obviously am watchin my calories... I am at the gym at least 4-5 times a week on the treadmill or the bike for at least 30mins sometimes 45 or 60mins. I do situps on my ball most nights. I do 3-5 sets of 15. Sometimes with alil 4lbs weights.

So my bottom lil pouch of tummy is slowly disappearing.. like I am not noticing it. I can feel it's going away. Its so nice. I love it.... but my top pouch isn't going away as fast... why not? what can I do? anyone?

Replies

• CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Okay so I obviously am watchin my calories... I am at the gym at least 4-5 times a week on the treadmill or the bike for at least 30mins sometimes 45 or 60mins. I do situps on my ball most nights. I do 3-5 sets of 15. Sometimes with alil 4lbs weights.

So my bottom lil pouch of tummy is slowly disappearing.. like I am not noticing it. I can feel it's going away. Its so nice. I love it.... but my top pouch isn't going away as fast... why not? what can I do? anyone?
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I don't know Crystal! When you find out let me know 'cause this top belly is killin' me!
    I'm pretty sure it's all just cardio, cardio, cardio.
    In time it will go!
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    thats what I was told.. to cardio it up and add some situps... I did, so obviously that is workin alil bit.. but shouldn't my tummy go down together and not in parts? lol

but what i did think of, when I was preggo, the lower pouch was so stretched out, cause he was so huge (10lbs)... so I would think that my top part would go away faster cause it wasn't as stretched... haha
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    so i take it the people that are readin my post don't know? lol
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Mine has slowly gone down with weight loss, but I still have loose skin (four pregnancies). Don't think that'll ever go away. :grumble:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    good on you that its going...i had a c-sec and i still have my pooch......

Woman loose it differently I would just keep it up sounds like you have the right idea.
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    i had a c-sec too... he was to big.. i wasn't about to let all that go through there.. lol but i thought that would mean it would go down?! haha

well ill keep doin what i am doing.. i did ask my friend, his body is banging.. works out 5 days a week.. so ill see what he says.. ill let you guys know! lol
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options

Everyone loses different amounts in different places. Guess it's genetics.:grumble:
    I do know you can not "target" an area with spot training. Situps are good to work your core. Your core is your abs,obliques,transverse abdominis,lower back. You can google core exercises to give you some other things to do. Because your abs and core are muscles they also need time to rest, recover and rebuild to get stronger. You should not be working those muscles more than 3-4 times per week.

Building muscle helps and will speed up our metabolism. Cardio:grumble: is what helps to burn fat(and a proper diet:happy: )

Sounds lke you are doing everything right in my very unprofessional opinion:smile:
    keep on keepin' on:flowerforyou:
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    Mine's going down too... but not fully... I still feel like I could pull out a kangaroo if I needed too :laugh:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Talk about sisterhood and can I join. Birth control contributed and 60 days later it is finally starting to go away. I have about another 60-90 days before all the hormones are out of my system. I am hoping to see a big difference. In the meantime, my butcher knife looks really good on certain days. Why pay a doctor to cut it off, making these filets has got to have taught me something!
  • julie737
    Options
    Mine's going down too... but not fully... I still feel like I could pull out a kangaroo if I needed too :laugh:

:laugh: And I can barely find my belly button under all that skin!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

:laugh: And I can barely find my belly button under all that skin!

me too! it's in between my 2 rolls!
    I always said that I had a flat belly when I was pregnant b/c it was the only time I didn't have a roll and could see my belly button!
    My stomach is so stretched out, (10 & 11 lb. babies). I have come to the realization that it will go down eventually, but will need surgery to flatten it.
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    see it's the babies that do this to us! haha yeh right. but before I had Jerimyah I didn't have a flat tummy but it was flatter, he stretched it out.. then I kept eatin and helped stretchin it.. then I had my gallbladder taken out and it went down alil bit, cause I have to watch what I eat..

my friend told me that cardio is what will help... which i do.. so i'ma keep doin what i do.. and try that core exercises stuff.. but i know i have to have a 12 pack under all this fat tummy! haha i'm hopin the next baby i have (won't be til i'm 30) won't stretch my tummy back out.. since that is 4yrs from now, i think ill be way down to where i want to be...

thanks everyone for your help.. and letting me know i'm not alone in the baby stretchin out the tummy club... lol
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Sadly ladies, mkeithley is right that you can't target fat loss. Unfortunately your body will pull the fat it burns from the places that it can grab the fastest, and in most cases that's the places closest to the blood stream, unfortunately, the stomach, butt, and thighs are NOT close to the blood stream (relatively speaking). Let me clarify, those areas, when perfectly flat and small ARE close, but as they grow, they move further and further away, also compressing the fat and packing it tighter together, which makes it more difficult to grab. In other words, the longer a fat deposit has been sitting around in your body, the harder it is to remove it. It's a sad sad truth. The worst part is, sometimes it's easier for your body to grab lean muscle to burn instead of fat, and the body doesn't care where it gets it's fuel, so it does just that. It won't completely stop grabbing fat, but it will start using it in combination. Which is why some weight training or resistance training becomes terribly important as we start to lose the fat, if you're losing muscle tone along with fat, you are losing your ability to burn fat at rest, and no matter how much exercise you do, if you have very little lean tissue (muscle), it's going to become very difficult to lose weight after a while without a good solid muscle base.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    In the meantime, my butcher knife looks really good on certain days. Why pay a doctor to cut it off, making these filets has got to have taught me something!

:laugh: :laugh: Reminds me of a commercial spoof my husband and I heard on the radio in Virginia, that we have been laughing about ever since... it was a commercial for the Ginzu Knife Weight Loss System.... I'm sure you can imagine the rest.....:laugh:
  • julie737
    Options
    Sadly ladies, mkeithley is right that you can't target fat loss. Unfortunately your body will pull the fat it burns from the places that it can grab the fastest, and in most cases that's the places closest to the blood stream, unfortunately, the stomach, butt, and thighs are NOT close to the blood stream (relatively speaking). Let me clarify, those areas, when perfectly flat and small ARE close, but as they grow, they move further and further away, also compressing the fat and packing it tighter together, which makes it more difficult to grab. In other words, the longer a fat deposit has been sitting around in your body, the harder it is to remove it. It's a sad sad truth. The worst part is, sometimes it's easier for your body to grab lean muscle to burn instead of fat, and the body doesn't care where it gets it's fuel, so it does just that. It won't completely stop grabbing fat, but it will start using it in combination. Which is why some weight training or resistance training becomes terribly important as we start to lose the fat, if you're losing muscle tone along with fat, you are losing your ability to burn fat at rest, and no matter how much exercise you do, if you have very little lean tissue (muscle), it's going to become very difficult to lose weight after a while without a good solid muscle base.

Thanks for that information and advice. I've known I need to do more resistance training, but I only have so much time to exercise, and I'd much rather spend it running rather than lifting weights. That's one more reason to start it now!
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm pressewd for time and I know I can't get a run in the morning I'll do circuit training. It is resistance w/some weights and moving quickly from one exercise to another. It gets your heartrate up and i am dripping with sweat when I get finished. You could google circuit routines to get some ideas. I'm so addicted to running now though that I find somewhere oto get my run in:smile:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm pressewd for time and I know I can't get a run in the morning I'll do circuit training. It is resistance w/some weights and moving quickly from one exercise to another. It gets your heartrate up and i am dripping with sweat when I get finished. You could google circuit routines to get some ideas. I'm so addicted to running now though that I find somewhere oto get my run in:smile:

She is right on! You want to keep your heart rate up and keep in a circuit type workout. Then hit the cardio hard...What ppl dont understand is that when your gaining muscle mass it grows out...so doing heavy abs for someone who has alot of fat in that area is only going to push it out further...as the ab muscles grow there going to push that fat on top out. This goes for the chest too alot of girls still think that doing chest exercises will make you flatter when in turn they will make the breast grow up and out...Just some FYI...dont hit the abs that heavy until you lose some more. I would do them but only planks and stuff like that