Olive Oil

Options
Hey All.

Whats a good subsitue for Olive oil?

Thanks,

Whatever the pain is, remember suffering is only temporary.

Replies

• metalpalace
    Options
    canola oil perhaps!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    olive oil is good for you .... not sure what a subsititue would be sorry i am not any help
  • pushyourself1
    Options
    I'm getting 240 to 360 on the calories and it's blowing up my Fat as well.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    but its a good fat
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i see your issue robertsimm4. about 20% of our daily calories should come from good fats. that means if you're on a 2000 cal/day diet and you cook with oil, you should get about 200 cals of it a day (so yeah, you are going over a little). what sucks about that is ieven 200 is a lot of cals and it doesn't make you feel any fuller.

unfortunately, there isn't a lower-cal oil. there are other oils that are equally good for you, like grapeseed oil, but it has the same amount of cals.

what i did was buy a spray bottle and put the oil in it. i put the vegies in the pan and lightly mist them. that way they all get covered but i don't use as much.

i've also started steaming a lot of my vegetables instead and then adding them to my pasta/rice/etc. sometimes i actually like it better because when you saute and you have to keep stirring so things cook evenly, everything breaks down too much and can get mushy.
  • pushyourself1
    Options
    I was looking for somebody to give me some good advice and I'll defintely use some spray on my next dinner. Thanks for the tip.. Merry Christmas
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    Try with just a tiny bit of olive oil, then use chicken or beef broth. Just a little. I find that gives me full flavor with just a little bit of fat .
  • ambercole
    Options
    When I use olive oil I just pour a little onto a paper towel and wipe the inside of the pan. It you have good quality nonstick pans then that is all that you will need.