Snack ideas?

Options
what are u guys fav snacks, i find myself choosing the same ones always and i would like to see what every one else eats. Im eating clean so no 100 cal packs here but as far as clean eating snacks what do u guys usually eat.
Mine are apples or bananas with organic peanut butter or walnuts, fat free yogurt, berries, kashi bars...thats about it lol.

Replies

• metalpalace
    Options
    For snacks I eat a lot of nuts, seeds, veggies, and chicken wings :)
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    i eat popcorn (would that be considered clean if you get the natural maybe?), apples (3x's a day), oranges, bananas, milk, whole wheat toast w/light laughing cow cheese, eggs, oatmeal (it's low in cals and makes for a great snack), i wish i could say i ate veggies (but I really don't unless they are in something)
  • metalpalace
    Options
    i eat popcorn (would that be considered clean if you get the natural maybe?), apples (3x's a day), oranges, bananas, milk, whole wheat toast w/light laughing cow cheese, eggs, oatmeal (it's low in cals and makes for a great snack), i wish i could say i ate veggies (but I really don't unless they are in something)

Smart Balance makes a healthy popcorn :) I heart smart balance
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I eat fruits like pineapple, kiwi, apples, bananas, and nuts. I eat these because of the fiber which is good for the body.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You would probally be able to find alot of things to snack on if you google for raw food snacks. There is some really yummy things out there! Im thinking of getting a dehydrator because of some of the recipes Ive seen using raw foods. :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks:

• Cheerios with 1% milk and Splenda
    • Popcorn
    • Reduced-fat Triscuits w/salsa and low-fat cheese
  • pushyourself1
    Options
    Gold Fish and peanuts. Other than that chocolate.. MMM Good!
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    Healthy snacks I like: any cut up, raw veg (especially cucumber!) usually plain but once in a while w/a sprinkle of sea salt
    cold cannelli bean salad (the beans, parsley, raw tomato and a little corn) or other simple bean salads
    a piece of rye or whole-wheat toast w/a little Smart Balance spread
    a little bit of almond butter on an apple
    any raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios- in moderation)
    naners!
    string cheese (watch out, though, it's high in sodium)
    proccuito-wrapped asparagus
    raw green beans and raw red pepper strips in a little fat-free Italian dressing (or homemade w/EVOO)
    I hate regular yogurt, but I love Greek yogurt, especially w/fruit (a little goes a long way)
    dry Multi-grain cheerios for when I want something crunchy
    cold boiled shrimp w/cocktail sauce if we have it! yum!
    vegetarian sushi- cucumber rolls make a good snack and have barely any calories
    miso soup w/mushrooms and tofu (just a cup or so)
    Pickled vegetables! They really curb salt cravings.
    A little dark chocolate (high cocao content) when I've been good and worked out good all week

yeah, I snack a lot but try to make it more worth it than potato chips or french fries! I get bad salt and savory cravings all the time, so eating more fiber and protein throughout the day helps me not binge on salty junk later.
  • ideretic
    Options
    I love mini stone ground wheat crackers. 15 of them have only 60 cal... maybe they do taste a bit plane, but with some lite cream cheese might be great, I eat them plane... you get used to to the taste :D
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    roasted soy nuts (great source of protein)
    celery sticks dipped in organic salsa, satisfies the "crunch urge" and desire for spicy at the same time.
    almond butter on 1/2 an Orowheat multi grain sandwich thin.(fiber and fat w/protein, very satisfying)
    apples, bananas, fresh pineapple.

Phooey, now I have made myself hungry!!:laugh: Fortunately, I have a few calories left for the day.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, almonds
    I try to keep kettle popped pop corn on my stove, so I have a snack when I want/need it
    baby cucumbers, baby carrots and hummus are always in my fridge
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Dry raosted edamame, yummo!

Greek yogurt with honey

Clementines...natures candy

Organic tortilla chips and homemade black bean and corn salsa

Nuts

When I'm dealing with TOM, a scoop of organic peanut butter sprinkled with organic semi-sweet chocolate chips.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Oh yes I forgot about salsa. Good chips and salsa makes a lovely snack
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    yeah... that's a good one... blue tortilla chips w/ natural salsa... i need to get some of that. (be sure to watch portions-- it's easy to go crazy w/those-- or for me it is- haha)
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    popcorn
    french onion laughing cow cheese wedge with sliced cucumbers
  • metalpalace
    Options
    yeah... that's a good one... blue tortilla chips w/ natural salsa... i need to get some of that. (be sure to watch portions-- it's easy to go crazy w/those-- or for me it is- haha)

OH believe me there is no other kind of chip and salsa in my house! The taste, satiety, nutrition is soooo much better
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You would probally be able to find alot of things to snack on if you google for raw food snacks. There is some really yummy things out there! Im thinking of getting a dehydrator because of some of the recipes Ive seen using raw foods. :)

I have a dehydrator and I love it!!! On top of how much they cost, a lot of the dried snacks you can buy contain extra sugar and presevatives. I love being able to make my own! Cheaper, healthier, and tastier!!
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    raw veggies (slices peppers, carrots, celery, etc.) and hummus