Need to Know

Options
love0809
love0809 Posts: 21 Member
I need to know if Coffee is a bad idea to drink...I love to drink it in the morning.I just need to know if i should stop drinking it or what?
The coffee is International Delight Iced Coffee Sweet & Cream...I drink About two glasses in the morning..The size of cup i use is the McDonald's large McCafe cup...

I need to know if i should stop or what.....

Replies

• jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I drink coffee every morning, but I use 2% milk and Truvia. I don't know your goals, but I would say to make sure to log it - sounds like it has a lot of sugar.
  • love0809
    Options
    It has 23g of sugar should i just stop drinking it or go down to one glasses a day?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I love coffee but hate hot drinks in summer (I work outside). I bought the International Coffee House Iced Vanilla -- I did like it but it is expensive. I make my own now the recipe I use its: 6 cups of coffee, 1 1/2 cups of half and half, and 3/4 cup of Torani Vanilla syrup. It's 150 calories and 18g of sugar -- for a cup and a forth serving (6 total servings). It keeps for a week or so in the fridge -- and it a ton cheaper per batch than the carton.

You could easily use fat free half and half or sugar free vanilla syrup - I don't because I don't like them -- and because full fat and sugar fit into my plan.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    It has 23g of sugar should i just stop drinking it or go down to one glasses a day?

It really depends -- how many grams of sugar should you have a day? You can see by going into your food diary and clicking on the settings tab and adding sugar in the last drop down box. If you are going WAY over on your sugars each day and you have a concern about diabetes - then yes, you should limit. I personally don't watch my sugars closely because my blood sugar runs low and I have little risk for diabetes.
  • love0809
    Options
    Ok thanks i'll do that...Do you know any thing about Lipton green tea Citrus...if that is ok to drink because thats what i drink all day?
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What you are drinking is barely coffee, and mostly just coffee flavor, so yes, stop drinking it and just stick with stuff made from freshly ground beans. Add your own condiments so you know exactly what is going in your body. Plus, ditch the sweeteners. It's a lifestyle choice your internal organs will be thankful for in 20 years.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Ok thanks i'll do that...Do you know any thing about Lipton green tea Citrus...if that is ok to drink because thats what i drink all day?

Anything is ok to drink, so long as it fits into your calorie and macro counts. Personally, the only time I drink calories is my coffee -- and I treat that as my breakfast because I am rarely hungry before 10 am - so spending on calories on a drink at that point in the day works for me. From what I see, that tea is 80 calories per serving and probably 2ish servings a bottle. Let's say you have two bottles a day, that's 320 calories on a drinks. That's a lot of calories in my opinion -- but my calorie goal per day is 1,600. If yours is a lot higher -- it might not be such a dent. However, as you lose and your daily calorie intake goes down, you might find that you need to get rid of it.

Personally, I drink water, iced tea I make that is sweetened with Stevia, and Diet Pepsi.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    What you are drinking is barely coffee, and mostly just coffee flavor, so yes, stop drinking it and just stick with stuff made from freshly ground beans. Add your own condiments so you know exactly what is going in your body.

I totally agree -- I did like the vanilla, but it definite seemed tasted like a prepacked dessert of some sort -- not really the same as drinking a good cup of coffee.
  • love0809
    Options
    Thank You...:)
  • love0809
    Options
    So drink a lot more water...ok
    I'll go down to one glass of tea a day...would that be better?
    I just want to do better and not fail..
    because i want this BAD....
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    So drink a lot more water...ok
    I'll go down to one glass of tea a day...would that be better?
    I just want to do better and not fail..
    because i want this BAD....

One seems reasonable -- also, they make a diet version of that tea. Maybe if you try it, you'll like it and won't have to pay as much attention to how much you're drinking.
  • love0809
    Options
    Ok thanks...:)
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    What you are drinking is barely coffee, and mostly just coffee flavor, so yes, stop drinking it and just stick with stuff made from freshly ground beans. Add your own condiments so you know exactly what is going in your body. Plus, ditch the sweeteners. It's a lifestyle choice your internal organs will be thankful for in 20 years.

I agree with this. If you are looking to make a lifestyle change, learn to like fresh coffee and natural sweeteners instead of coffee flavored sugar drinks, haha. ;) I still like International Delight creamers in my fresh ground/brewed coffee, but I am trying to wean myself off of it to enjoy just honey & cream, or even just the coffee itself! =) It takes a long time to retrain your taste buds to respond to more subtle flavors but your body will thank you for it in the long run!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!