School me on HR, BMR, and exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Bump because of several horribly untrue statements. Will update when I have time.

It's so nice of you to stop back in and correct everyone. :laugh:

OP- Do you feel schooled yet? :bigsmile:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    BMR is pretty easy to grasp, it stands for basic metabolic rate,

Nitpicking really, but it's Basal Metabolic Rate
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Oh boy... you're something and I'm not going to argue with you anymore, as you pointed out, you don't want to either. You shouldn't spew out lie and myth words if you have no backup though. Especially something thats proven to work.
    The OP asked for simple advice. Mine is eat well, move more, if you are worried about heart rate and exercise then buy a monitor. I have the POLAR FT1, I can only speak about that and my friend has one and they are accurate. As for exercise, to help again I say with your weight OP, get a personal trainer once a month for 6 months if you can afford it. If not, get a group session. But a personal trainer would have saved me 15 months of trial and error gained from the internet.

But I well say that it's accurate for heart rate, not necessarily calorie burns (especially if it's based on V˙ O2max and HRmax) if you're a women according to the university of Illinois since there's a deviation of 33% for EE.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Bump because of several horribly untrue statements. Will update when I have time.

It's so nice of you to stop back in and correct everyone. :laugh:

OP- Do you feel schooled yet? :bigsmile:

Not everyone, mostly this bothered me: "...If your BMR is 2000 calories per day then to lose 1lb you need to cut to 1500 and that will take you 3 years to get to your target weight. " which several people pointed out after
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    moderator comment, a quick reminder of this guideline

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Quit the snipes, or warnings will be issued to the offending parties. One way will not work for all, agree to disagree on this one please

• KC7997
    KC7997 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Gurl (GoodGalPal), why you be startin' brawls on MFP....

lol

Just kidding.

Loveyoumeanit!