Chicken Recipe HELP!

Options
mat0424
mat0424 Posts: 42 Member
I thought I had Pork chops in the freezer and they turned out to be chicken breast. I had planned on Porkchops cooked over saurkraut...doesn't sound great for chicken though. If you have a great tasty and of course healthy suggestion I can make for dinner it would be great, and it is after work...so ready in an hour type of meal:-) I love trying new dishes and can't wait to see what comes back...Have a great day!

Some ingredients I have on hand.
Asparagus
Zucchini
broccoli
panko
cream cheese
green onions
there aren't too many spices I don't have ( I love to cook...and eat too...kinda how I got to this point! LOL)
chicken broth
cream of chic soup
cream of mush soup...
laughing cow in every flavor
lemons
limes
fresh cilantro
basil & parsley

but I can stop at the store on the way home for anything I don't have if your idea sounds extra yummy:-)

Replies

• pinkie1981
    pinkie1981 Posts: 30
    Options
    I swear by skinny taste.com There is a good Chicken receipe for Chicken and mushrooms with a white wine sauce which was awesome and also healthy. Very easy to make. Hope this helps
  • 1dresch
    1dresch Posts: 19
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    hmmm if chicken breast are frozen I would throw them in the crock pot with the cream of mushroom soup, a little bit of broth, onion, garlic. i would cut up the broccoli and throw it in there later in day.

As for limes/cilanto I have a recipe for Fiesta lime rice. If you want to spruce up your rice. I get tired of the plain old stuff.
  • big_cowboy74
    big_cowboy74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pan cook the chicken in olive oil. Mash up 1 avocado with a touch of salt substitute, pepper and a squirt of lime. Top chicken breast with avocado and your favorite salsa. Simple and my family loves it.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    Pan cook the chicken in olive oil. Mash up 1 avocado with a touch of salt substitute, pepper and a squirt of lime. Top chicken breast with avocado and your favorite salsa. Simple and my family loves it.

yum! love avocado!
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a new dish tonight - Chicken Caprese! I'm going to pan saute the chicken breast (pounding them to the same thickness first), then add some basil, a slice of mozzarella (you could use the laughing cow you have!) and a slice of tomato and put it in the broiler for a minute or two!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I would stuff it with laughing cow, bread it with panko, and bake. Steam asparagus or roast asparagus and zucchini. :)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Cut a pocket in the chicken breasts and stuff with a mix of chopped broccoli, green onion,parsley and Laughing Cow (the garlic herb is what i normally use....or use the cream cheese)
    If your breasts are too thin to butterfly/cut a pocket, pound them flat and layer the cheese/veg mix between 2 breasts.

Put in a baking dish and cook until done - about 20 minutes. Serve with a side of asparagus...or zucchini. You can always thin one of the soups with a little broth and pour over the breasts as well

Or...chunk the chicken. Saute with chopped asparagus, zucchini and broccoli. When almost done, throw in a wedge or two of laughing cow, minced green onion, basil and parsley and finish with a sprinkle of panko
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Sounds delish! I'll be trying this!
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has an AMAZING and EASY recipe for zucchini stuffed chicken breasts.

yum!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Or...chunk the chicken. Saute with chopped asparagus, zucchini and broccoli. When almost done, throw in a wedge or two of laughing cow, minced green onion, basil and parsley and finish with a sprinkle of panko

This is what I was going to suggest. I made this last night (with turkey breast instead, but equally as good with chicken or turkey) and served with rice. And I'm eating this right now for lunch too. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd chop the chicken, Zucchini, and broccoli, season to taste and stir fry. Then toss in some chopped green onions and parsley, stir and remove from heat.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    I just made Chicken Parmesan from skinnytaste.com for dinner last night. Delish!!!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I thought I had Pork chops in the freezer and they turned out to be chicken breast. I had planned on Porkchops cooked over saurkraut...doesn't sound great for chicken though. If you have a great tasty and of course healthy suggestion I can make for dinner it would be great, and it is after work...so ready in an hour type of meal:-) I love trying new dishes and can't wait to see what comes back...Have a great day!

Some ingredients I have on hand.
    Asparagus
    Zucchini
    broccoli
    panko
    cream cheese
    green onions
    there aren't too many spices I don't have ( I love to cook...and eat too...kinda how I got to this point! LOL)
    chicken broth
    cream of chic soup
    cream of mush soup...
    laughing cow in every flavor
    lemons
    limes
    fresh cilantro
    basil & parsley

but I can stop at the store on the way home for anything I don't have if your idea sounds extra yummy:-)

This is divine... You can cut out some of the calories by using egg whites to dip the chicken in.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-cheddar-chicken/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=garlic cheddar chicken&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options

As for limes/cilanto I have a recipe for Fiesta lime rice. If you want to spruce up your rice. I get tired of the plain old stuff.

Is your fiesta lime rice recipe from skinnytaste? If so, it is so yummy!!! I like it with her Barbacoa Beef.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Pound out the chicken breasts.
    Mix cream cheese with the chopped up green onions (and other spices if you want).
    Spread onto chicken.
    Roll up chicken and secure with tooth picks.
    Coat the chicken in the panko crumbs and bake it until done :)

Oh i missed the laughing cow. You could use that instead of the cream cheese.
  • simplysteff
    Options
    I'd heat up the grill and bbq lemon/garlic chicken alongside a foil packet of zucchini, asparagus, onion and a drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lemon and top with salt, pepper and fresh basil when it's finished. Can't beat bbq in the summer! If you had green peppers I would have said kabobs over pilaf. YUM
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options

Is your fiesta lime rice recipe from skinnytaste? If so, it is so yummy!!! I like it with her Barbacoa Beef.

Yes. I use that website a lot. I love her pork carnitas :D