Can't breathe!!!

Options
greeneyes82
greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
:grumble: Not being rude, but I think it's rude of them!! I know we all need to pass gas occasionally when working out, but there is this older couple that goes to our gym. My husband & I go during our lunch break so we try to get a good workout in then. This couple of course comes at the same time as us each day. Every day they are there, one or both of them pass gas & it fills up the entire cardio room! :sick: I know it is them, because more than enough times it has been just myself & the older couple. I'm already breathing hard from getting my workout on & try to put my towel over my face! :angry: I'm not sure what I can do about it. We can't change our lunch hour so that's not an option. I already get on machines that are on the other side of the large cardio room, but it doesn't help! Even the manager has walked by & smelled it! :laugh: I don't think anyone wants to say anything to them, but something has got to give! Any ideas??

Replies

• shaynak1
    shaynak1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you can, try putting some vicks vapor rub in your nostrils before you go.You will not be able to smell anything..lol.Or start yelling at your husband(clue him in beforehand) for "smelling up the place".IF you are a good enough actor, maybe fake vomiting:)
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    Gas mask
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    If you can, try putting some vicks vapor rub in your nostrils before you go.You will not be able to smell anything..lol.Or start yelling at your husband(clue him in beforehand) for "smelling up the place".IF you are a good enough actor, maybe fake vomiting:)
    ^ Or this. This is a good one. :laugh:
  • shaynak1
    Options
    I was only kidding about the vapor rub, just to make sure you knew..It stinks to high heaven and when I use it(properly), its the only thing I can smell...haha
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Suck it up
  • greeneyes82
    Options
    Suck it up

Suck up the stink?? Okay weirdo :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Do you wear ear buds when you work out? If you do make a face and say really loudly -- as if you're talking over your music -- "Honey did you fart?" and when he shakes his head no yell "Well SOMEONE did. It smells like death in here! GOD!"
  • greeneyes82
    Options
    Gas mask

Surely that would get the point across huh?! :happy:
  • greeneyes82
    Options

Could try that but my hubby is mostly in the weight room, so I'm pretty much on my own lol. He won't even come in there if they are there. :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    It could be your breath. The old people are probably on a message board posting the same thing about you.

What is your issue?

She's posting a legitimate question. I get that people pass gas when they workout. It's happened to ALL of us but why should someone be subjected to it when the people stink up an entire room every time they're there?
  • shaynak1
    Options
    Well maybe you should try stinking up the place too..lol.maybe buy a clear nose clip???I dont even know if they make them but it would be cool if they did..lol
  • xoMeaghan
    Options

Could try that but my hubby is mostly in the weight room, so I'm pretty much on my own lol. He won't even come in there if they are there. :laugh:

Smart man lol I think the vapor rub might help, though. it's not TOO strong and it definitly will clear your nose up! Just a tiny bit under the nose and you should be okay. If you can STILL smell it, then something is dying in their stomachs and you should probably call 911.
  • shaynak1
    Options

Smart man lol I think the vapor rub might help, though. it's not TOO strong and it definitly will clear your nose up! Just a tiny bit under the nose and you should be okay. If you can STILL smell it, then something is dying in their stomachs and you should probably call 911.

Im just not entirely sure if it's safe to do that???I read that it can cause harm if its inhaled???
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    It could be your breath. The old people are probably on a message board posting the same thing about you.

What is your issue?

She's posting a legitimate question. I get that people pass gas when they workout. It's happened to ALL of us but why should someone be subjected to it when the people stink up an entire room every time they're there?

I have no issue. I posted a legitimate response to her legitimate question.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Fight fire with fire...
  • xoMeaghan
    Options

Im just not entirely sure if it's safe to do that???I read that it can cause harm if its inhaled???

The blue stuff, right? My mom used to put it on my chest and under my nose all the time, I find it helps open airwaves. if there's a caution on the bottle then don't do it. I could be wrong but I think I turned out okay? lol no jokes :grumble:
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    Fight fire with fire...

:laugh: I would HATE to be in the gym at that time. I'm just picturing it. "ready honey? Turn, aim, FIRE!" :explode:
  • JustJennie1
    Options

The blue stuff, right? My mom used to put it on my chest and under my nose all the time, I find it helps open airwaves. if there's a caution on the bottle then don't do it. I could be wrong but I think I turned out okay? lol no jokes :grumble:

It doesn't cause harm if inhaled. That's what it's used for. You don't put it IN your nostrils but under the nose.

It has camphor, menthol and eucalyptus.
  • shaynak1
    Options

Well, I dont have a bottle with me right now so I'm not sure??My mom used it on us when we were kids too, and I'm fine..I just hate the way it smells and remember not being able to smell anything after using it:smile:
  • ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bahahahaha!!!!