Losing a Dress/Pant Size

Hey everyone,

I know that it depends on the person, and everyone is different depending on body composition and distribution, and it depends on your height etc. etc. But just trying to get people's general opinion - I heard that losing one dress size is ~10% (so at 70kg, to lose one size would be 7kg, at 60kg it would be 6kg etc) - does that sound right?

Please let me know - keen to see results!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    For me, I lost 15 lbs (about 10% of my weight) and went down 3 pants sizes (10 to a 4). However, I also put on muscle because I started lifting. Everyone is different!
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    yes agreed- everyone is different but I understand why you want to know this. It's a great motivation. For me personally, I usually drop a size about every 10 lbs I lose. That's not 10% for me- That's more like 6%. (at least at these upper weights)- but that has always held pretty consistent for me throughout my life. At 146 lbs I wear a size 6. Right now, at 179lbs I wear a 12 (and sometimes should be a 14 but I refuse)- anyway. hope that helps you.
  • i_love_me_1305
    i_love_me_1305 Posts: 4 Member
    I lost 14lbs and about 6% and i went down two pant sizes. there is no set number for everyne.:smile:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    The larger you are, the more weight it takes to drop a size. When I started, I'd say 15 to 20 lbs. per size. Now, around 10 lbs.
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Thats about right.:smile: