im not eating all the calories i should be

but when i try to i feel really full and bloated...
i dont want to put my body in to starvation mode by not eating them...what should i do???

Replies

• but when i try to i feel really full and bloated...
    i dont want to put my body in to starvation mode by not eating them...what should i do???
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Try eating more calorie dense food.
    Some examples:
    - peanut butter
    - chocolate (yumm :smile: ) from time to time - dark is healthier
    - cereals
    - a little bit more fatty foods (but choose smartly - ex add olive oil to your salad)
    - olives
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    when I have that problem which is happening less and less these days:ohwell: I try to do what edtya said make more denser foods....or if you know you'll be working out that day try to add on an extra 100 cals to each meal depending on what you need to burn up.....

hope that helps some and good luck!
    hugs!
    ali
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    all good points, also, map out your food for the day before hand. I pretty much know 85 to 90% of what I will eat for the day by 7am. If you map it out, and spread out your consumption throughout the day, it's easier to keep your stomach full without stuffing yourself because you underestimated.

You don't have to eat the same thing every day, but having groups of food to choose from to fill your needs makes life easier. For example I know for breakfast I'm either going to have a banana and oatmeal, or yogurt and an apple and some toast, or 1 egg, a piece of whole wheat (always whole wheat when I say bread) toast, a piece of cheese, and some broccoli. It gives me a little variety, and I don't have to worry about calculating up the calories because I already know the count for all of them. That doesn't mean you can't have the occational change, but it makes that change more of an anomoly then the average. Remember, in this battle, knowing what you eat, is as important as knowing your calories.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I never had that problem, but I would suggest nuts (almonds) or like another poster have some toast/english muffin with pb (an apple with pb)
    I also like kashi and luna bars (180 cals)

Good luck!
    Kim
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    a glass of milk is good too (plain or flavoured) , it can give you a couple of hundred calories without actually having to eat anything and it's full of calcium.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Nuts are great.
    You can also add some dried fruits to your oatmeal/cereals or just eat it as a snack.
  • wat type of peanut butter would be better???
    jiff of the all natural kind...or does it matter?
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    wat type of peanut butter would be better???
    jiff of the all natural kind...or does it matter?

I LOVE peanut butter!:love: But if you are going to eat it, only eat the natural kind. Adams, Laura Schudder (sp), or Trader Joes PB is very affordable. The other brands like Jiff, Skippy, and Peter Pan are full of trans fats, and sugar. Look on the label for just peanuts and salt.

Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • i love peanut butter 2!!! :love:
    thanks....i didnt know that jiff had trans fat!
    =[
    i cant wait to try out a new peanut butter!