Dinner

Options
What do you have planned for dinner? We went out of town and came back late Sunday night, were exhausted Monday night, and I haven't planned our meals out for this week. I am brain dead and need some dinner ideas. What are you feeding your family tonight? (Please no pre-packaged frozen dinners)

Replies

• bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Found this new tuna burger recipe yesterday and making it tonight with slight modifications (no peppers cuz the boyfriend can't eat them and seasoning them to be more of a Southwest style):

http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/quick-tuna-burgers-recipe-ew0611?src=soc_fcbk
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Well its finally hot here so we just all had salad, but with a bit of naughtiness lol. mini pork pies, scotch egg and everyone else had large sausage rolls too. Kids even enjoyed it. Good luck xx
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I have some boneless chicken thighs that will probably be hit with some teriyaki marinade and minced garlic and thrown in the oven. Coupled with some sweet potatoes and probably some sauteed spinach.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Big tossed salad with tomatoes from the garden. Bought a couple of ears of fresh corn that I will roast on the grill. I'll top the salad with the corn (cut off the cob) as well as some grilled chicken tenders (cut up before placing on the salad). Typically we use one of Paul Neuman's light dressing.

I find it really helpful to keep those individually frozen bagged chicken tenders in the freezer. I use them for stir-fries, sandwiches, salads etc. be aware that most brands do have some added sodium--but it's not that high.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    we had salmon patties and steamed broccoli / cauliflower / shredded green beans w/button mushrooms.
    OMG it was soo good.. My SO has the role of cooking for me......he's awesome at it too.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We're doing BFD tonight! Breakfast for dinner! Spinach omelet, turkey bacon, double fiber toast.
  • AprilShore
    AprilShore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin in the crock pot with dijon mustard and some light maple syrup. Will serve with a salad or veggie.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Last night was baked ziti with spinach salad and garlic bread. Tonight will be either grilled chicken breast or marinated salmon with mixed veggies (frozen steamed) and maybe stuffing or rice because we don't have and sweet potatoes.