Any former WoW and/or videogame junkies?

Options
2»

Replies

• SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    :(
    I can relate very very well!!!

Recovering Tribal Wars addict here ... played every single waking moment - including waking up every hour on the hour during the night to ensure my village was safe from incoming attacks ... well actually, as attack is the best form of defense scouting the enemy and planning attacks when I thought they were asleep is probably a more accurate summation but also probably one that has bored most people to stop reading before this point :(

. It worked too ... out of 25 000 odd players at the time I was ranked number one for several months ... although I also have a full-time job and a family .... not too constructive for those areas of my life either :(

Am going cold-turkey at the moment .... even talking about it makes me want to return ... :sick: :cry: :sad:

Sigh ... maybe its an addictive personality

But .... even if tracking calories is another obsession ... at least it has a more healthy result ... even if somewhat less compelling!!

Good luck girl. I treat myself as a recovering alcoholic and try to just do it day at a time
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I used to like WoW but think the add-ons kind of killed it. Don't play any multiplayer games anymore though.

Gnome Mage (frost) <3
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    I had a super huge addiction to EQ2 in 2005. I was calling off of work to play and everything. It's tough to overcome. I now play casually, good luck!
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    ljhfluy
  • tseecka
    tseecka Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ahaha...I still game just about daily, maybe about 30 minutes to 2 hours on the weekdays (depending how early I go to bed), and I'll occasionally spend a day on the weekend catching up on the mounds of XBox games I want to play through.

I have a very sedentary week outside of my daily workouts, but I figure if I'm keeping up with my activity level (so, going to the gym or in my case Zumba class on Saturdays) I'm not really changing my habits that much. Sitting in front of a desk all day Monday or in front of my TV all day Saturday doesn't make a big difference.

Gaming actually helps take my mind off of my terrible snacking urges, so it's probably better than not.

And really, anything else I'd be doing on a weekend is just about as sedentary as gaming--reading a book, watching a movie/going to a movie, playing board games...
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I used to play WoW, mostly on weekends as my non gaming fiance HATED IT if I was on too much. But I had a falling out with my friend (my co-WoW pilot) and now I don't play anymore.

And I don't really miss it, I thought I would but I fill my time with so much that I didn't realise how much I was missing out on by sitting on my butt all weekend glued to my laptop.
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Former WoW junkie and likely all those hours on my butt + atrocious eating habits helped me pack on the pounds. I still play other games (with moderation) but I don't miss wasting my life away like that anymore. :P
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    Never was into online games persay but I would definitely play (sports games, RPG's) on a somewhat regular basis. Hasn't happened nearly as much since I had my son and definitely not since I started working out regularly. I still try to get in a game or two just to relax if possible but now I'm so focused on other things I don't get to that much.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted, but my addiction to mmorpg's far predates WoW. I'm talking massive EQ/AC1/UO addiction, counter strike etc. So many thousands of hours spent online. I stopped completely when I started working out. Havent played more than a few hours in 3 years. The gym has just completely replaced that aspect of my life, I love it.
  • ForgoFood
    ForgoFood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I played WoW up until I had my son and started going to college part time! I try and make a little time for it between semesters, but that doesn't always happen.... feel free to add me, anyone!
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had a relatively brief addiction to EQ2 a few years ago and, looking back on it, that was the beginning of the bad habits that led to my weight gain. Quitting wasn't too difficult, I simply grew tired of not getting anything else done. It's too bad the game pushes us toward self-destructive behaviors because it sure is fun!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I started with EQ in 99' raided hard core for about 8 years. My schedule consisted of getting up, setting up my auction toon for the day, heading off to work. As soon as I got home I'd log in, get to the raid zone and quickly throw something together for dinner. Scarf back my food and spend the next 4-6 hours raiding then go to bed..rinse /repeat. I left EQ about the time WoW came out to Beta EQ2 but wasn't ready to give up my spot in the guild yet so I went back after a short break. Eventually I got on to WoW with my boyfriend at the time and played that for a couple more years. Then I went back to EQ2 for another couple. I started playing SWTOR for a little while with my boyfriend after he got tired of WoW and have only recently weened myself off of the MMORPGs all together - though I've been having the urge to start up my sub again and probably will come winter time. There isn't much I haven't experienced in the gaming world. Iv'e raided, grouped, been a casual player, done PvP, been a merchant etc..

I started gaming about the time I started university so I can't blame my 90lb weight gain on that alone but sitting on my *kitten* for 13 years didn't help I'm quite sure :) I will go back to playing but it will be just casually - a few hours on the weekend and that's about all. I've been getting outside a lot this past summer and hope to continue being active instead of getting sucked back into the virtual world. Gaming is a hobby, not a lifestyle (anymore)
  • thaze90
    thaze90 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted, but my addiction to mmorpg's far predates WoW. I'm talking massive EQ/AC1/UO addiction, counter strike etc. So many thousands of hours spent online. I stopped completely when I started working out. Havent played more than a few hours in 3 years. The gym has just completely replaced that aspect of my life, I love it.

Ah counter-strike... spent countless hours upon hours playing this game. I still try to find time to game but when I'm on the computer I usually end up just browsing reddit the entire time.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am an ex WoW junkie. I use to still activate my account for a month or two to casually pwn some alliance nubs. But even the pvp has gone downhill. Not sure if I'll play again. I currently play console (360 and wii) casually.