Hey, I'm Tracee

Options
:smile: My friend Holly is using this tool, and she swears by it, so I am giving it a try. I am a seriel dieter who has finally
sought help from a doctor to help me lose weight. One of the things the doc is asking me to do is to eat a low carb diet,
and skip the typical whites: sugar, flour, pasta, rice, sodas, etc. I am doing okay with that part of the diet. I just started
the food dairy today, put in my numbers, my goals, etc, for 1200 calories a day (Docs preferred #), and it has me eating
165 carbs a day. HOLY CRAP!!!! Now true I am getting plenty of carbs through fruit, but after eating breakfast and lunch
today, I still have 447 Calories available, 89 carbs available, 16 g of fat available, and I am minus 16 grams on protein.
Gotta take a client out for dinner tonight, so any suggetions? What can I do to get my daily protein numbers down?

Thanks for your time and advice.
Tracee

Replies

• lisak919
    lisak919 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracee. Welcome to MFP! You may drive yourself crazy real quick if you try to keep within all of your numbers. As long as you staying within your calories and cutting down on the carbs you should be fine. One of the things my nutritionist told me that she does not like about MFP is that it does not differentiate between natural sugars and added sugars (which will effect your carb numbers). I did Weight Watchers to lose 25 lbs and the points got to be too much once work once I was on maintenance. But just out of curiousity I did one day of both MFP and WW Points to see how they compared. They were very comparible. At the end of the day I had 65 cals left and 2 points. For dinner tonight I would get a salad and then some sort of lean protein (chicken or fish) and no bread or pasta. Even if you go over your cals for the day, you can do it without going too much over. There will be days where that happens. Tomorrow is a new day :) Good luck. Feel free to friend me if you like. Lisa K.