Replies

• mat0424
    mat0424 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • mat0424
    Options
    I think need to stop and buy more chicken and try each one out on a different night!!! LOVE LOVE THE SUGGESTIONS!!! What a great tool we have here to share ideas!!!

thank you all MFPals:-)
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    I did a spiced honey brushed chicken with cilantro rice not too long ago.. .it was awesome... here are the recipes:
    ngredients

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-honey-brushed-chicken-thighs-10000001591042/

2 teaspoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
    8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs $
    Cooking spray
    6 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar
    Preparation

Preheat broiler.
    Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
    Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.

cilantro rice:

Bring 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in 1 cup long-grain white rice. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Combine 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 3/4 cup sliced green onions, and 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice. Add to rice; stir well.
  • mat0424
    Options
    gotta try this one!
    thanks
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I would stuff it with laughing cow, bread it with panko, and bake. Steam asparagus or roast asparagus and zucchini. :)

This sounds yummmmmmy!!!!
  • shan10
    shan10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i have this marinating right now. i will be broiling it instead of grilling because we get home from work too late to pull out the grill.

http://www.grocerybudget101.com/content.php/333-Hawaiian-Grilled-Chicken-Pineapple

I am serving it with fresh pineapple on the side, steamed broccoli and rice.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    lemon pepper chicken sauteed in chicken broth (turn liquid into a "gravy" use cornstarch to thicken) finish with fresh basil. steamed broccoli with lemon peel and garlic. saute some onions and add to broccoli once finished steaming.
    I thought I had Pork chops in the freezer and they turned out to be chicken breast. I had planned on Porkchops cooked over saurkraut...doesn't sound great for chicken though. If you have a great tasty and of course healthy suggestion I can make for dinner it would be great, and it is after work...so ready in an hour type of meal:-) I love trying new dishes and can't wait to see what comes back...Have a great day!

Some ingredients I have on hand.
    Asparagus
    Zucchini
    broccoli
    panko
    cream cheese
    green onions
    there aren't too many spices I don't have ( I love to cook...and eat too...kinda how I got to this point! LOL)
    chicken broth
    cream of chic soup
    cream of mush soup...
    laughing cow in every flavor
    lemons
    limes
    fresh cilantro
    basil & parsley

but I can stop at the store on the way home for anything I don't have if your idea sounds extra yummy:-)
  • racbergs
    racbergs Posts: 72
    Options
    You probably wont have time to marinate the chicken but I usually squeeze fresh lemon juice into a ziplock bag and let the chicken marinate all day, but you can also just squeeze lemon onto it and add some poultry seasoning. 350 degrees, 15 minutes per side, give or take a couple minutes depending on thickness :). I usually serve this with green beans, but you can use any kind of veggie, broccolli would be good! It's very quick and easy. Save some lemon to squeeze onto the chicken and veggies afterwards.
  • gmaw0362
    gmaw0362 Posts: 7
    Options
    OMG ... I'm salivating reading all of these suggestions. MMMMmmmmmm
    drooling-homer-simpson1-jpg.23565
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    See my profile for the chicken with 40 cloves of garlic i made yesterday. Killer.
  • erinleigh76
    Options
    some good ideas in here...will have to take a better look later!
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Here are a few I've made recently:

Artichoke crusted chicken-even this doesn't take too long. You can sub light (or fat-free or whatever you prefer) mayo or greek yogurt here.
    http://www.myproperbinge.com/artichoke-chicken/

Skinnytaste easy garden tomato sauce-this would be great over pasta and chicken (I used shrimp)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/easy-garden-tomato-sauce.html

Skinnytaste oven "fried" chicken-very tasty!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/07/oven-fried-chicken.html

Absolutely love skinny taste! The recipes are flavorful, low calorie and low fat. Every recipe I have made from there so far has been easy and turned out great! Even my picky hubby enjoyed the recipes I posted above.
  • oakley518
    oakley518 Posts: 1
    Options
    Alice Springs Chicken
    Slightly adapted from Linda's Low Carb Recipes at www.genaw.com

Ingredients:
    7 oz raw chicken breasts to yield 4.5 oz cooked (3/4 Lean)
    1 piece of bacon, cut into pieces or I used a few sprinkles of turkey bacon bits
    1/4 cup mushrooms (this is after cooked measurement), sliced (1/2 Green)
    1/4 cup sliced green peppers (1/2 Green)
    1 tablespoon light butter (1 Healthy Fat)
    1 ounces or 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1/4 Lean)
    1/4 tsp garlic salt (1 Condiment)
    1/8 tsp pepper (1/4 Condiment)

Directions:
    Season the chicken with garlic salt and pepper; grill until just done. Keep the chicken warm. Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. Sauté the mushrooms and green peppers in butter until tender. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top chicken with the mushroom and green pepper mixture, crumbled bacon and then with the shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.

1 Serving with 1 Lean, 1 Green, 1.25 Condiments and 1 Healthy Fat
  • dawnmfp
    dawnmfp Posts: 25
    Options
    Do you use a crockpot? You can put the frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with whatever veggies you have on hand, pour in a jar of salsa, and cook for about six hours. Very simple and very tasty!
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    We're doing chopped chicken lettuce cups tonight :) spicy and delicious, with mushrooms and chopped carrots mixed in. I serve grilled zucchini and roasted broccoli on the side.
  • natwillsmom
    Options
    Chicken tacos with greek yogurt instead of sour cream (greek yogurt mixed with avacado is yummy).

Best way to cook asparagus spray/drizzle with olive oil. sprinkle with sea salt, bake in oven for 25-30 min. You can also add parmesean cheese if you want. Great if you have a french fry craving.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-asparagus-recipe/index.html

26546018.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Pan cook the chicken in olive oil. Mash up 1 avocado with a touch of salt substitute, pepper and a squirt of lime. Top chicken breast with avocado and your favorite salsa. Simple and my family loves it.

That sound just too yummy. I love Avocados too. :)
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    I did a spiced honey brushed chicken with cilantro rice not too long ago.. .it was awesome... here are the recipes:
    ngredients

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-honey-brushed-chicken-thighs-10000001591042/

2 teaspoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
    8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs $
    Cooking spray
    6 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar
    Preparation

Preheat broiler.
    Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
    Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.

cilantro rice:

Bring 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in 1 cup long-grain white rice. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Combine 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 3/4 cup sliced green onions, and 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice. Add to rice; stir well.

Ooohhh this all sounds great! Going to try this soon! I always make rice in my rice cooker with water and season it after but I'm gonna try making it like this with the broth in the cooker. Thanks! YUM!