1200 Calorie Support - Anyone Out There

Options
My nutritionist just put me on a 1200 calorie diet. Unfortunately she didn't provide much guidance so I'm winging it and using the site. If there is anyone else out there with the same calorie goal that share a plan, recipes, etc. please friend me as I could definitely use the support. I have a long journey and am extremely motivated.

Replies

• Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Eat in this order for every meal - PROTEIN and a fair amount of it. This can be meat, protein powder, etc etc. Just get it in. If you are still hungry, turn to vegetables.

If you are STILL hungry, eat some fruit. If you eat fruit as a snack, always start with PROTEIN first, like a nuts, or lunch meat, or whatever you like. I love me some chicken sausage from Trader Joe's for snacks.

Also, check these out : http://dashingdish.com/recipes/shakes/

Eat OFTEN. Don't beat yourself up if you go over 1,200 or feel really sick at first and need to eat more than 1,200 cals...unless its absouletly a no-no from your Dr...I assume everyone needs a bit of time to work their way down to such a low amount.
  • SkinnySuellen
    Options
    have you ever seen the 17 day diet? Very easy to follow and it keeps u full with energy... Like Halleeon said... protein is important and this diet lets you have a lot...
  • Bnstep
    Bnstep Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you so much. She has me on high protein but breakfast is where i'm struggling the most. I'm trying to not get bored by eating the same items over and over. Great advice.
  • Bnstep
    Options
    have you ever seen the 17 day diet? Very easy to follow and it keeps u full with energy... Like Halleeon said... protein is important and this diet lets you have a lot...

I've never seen the 17 day. I'll look it up.
  • SkinnySuellen
    Options
    The title is a little misleading... you think you only have to diet for 17 days. Actually there are 4 phases of 17 days... the first being the most strict...But in a nutshell... unlimited chicken, turkey and fish... unlimited veggies (non starchey ones) 2 servings of fruit before 2 pm (first phase is limited to apples, oranges, grapefruit, peach, all berries, red grapes), 2 TBL olive or flax seed oil, 2 servings of probiotics (yogert, sauerkraut etc) , can have 4 eggwhites or 2 eggs a day....(part of protein)

Then after 17 days, u can add more options.... very good and great variety of choices....
  • Bnstep
    Options
    Thanks so much, i'll do some research.