hello to all using myfitnesspal

Hi everyone,
My name is Suellen and my handle is skinnysuellen. No I'm not skinny YET.... but with the help of this great site I hope to be soon! I've always read that you need to put what you are wanting into present tense so that your subconscious mind believes it to be already there. So... therefore you understand my username!

I recommend to everyone to stop saying to yourself... I'm fat. Instead... say... I'm getting thinner everyday! Try it and see how it works for ya!

Replies

• davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Great advise. Being positive is good for the body and the mind. Feel free to friend me if you are looking for support.
  • I appreciate the invite David. If I get unmotivated... I will be sure and take u up on it! Right now, I have 2 other friends which are doing this thing along with me.... kind of a competition thing... and we plan on using the site to keep track of each other.:smile: Not sure what the gals are going to be posting... but it might not be suitable for the male audience!:laugh:
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Amen!! Our Attitude Really Makes A Big Difference Each Day!! I Honestly Agree With You!! Thank you Suellen!! Have A Healthy Journey!! Feel Free To Add Me If you would like to your friends list:):) Here To Support & Encourage & Help Anyone!! We First Have to help our Selfs!!!
  • Hi Suellen! :) Competition sounds fun!! :)
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    I'm not fat, I'm just big boned!
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Love it! Thanks Suellen!
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Welcome!!!! I am new here too! I look forward to getting fit with everyone else here...I LOVE MyFitnessPal! I wish I had found this site sooner!!!! ~Kathy
  • Casey, i think it will really help and I recommend it to everyone! What we are doing is all the same diet (17 day diet) and we all started same day. We did our weight,measurements and photos (yuck) to help show progress... We each agreed to a $25 cash prize payable to winner w/ most weight/inches lost. Since there are 3 of us... that means $50 to winner to buy something new in a smaller size!:bigsmile: