15kg down but.... :(

Options
I can't see any physical changes. I can see the scales go down, and I can see and feel my clothing getting looser.. but when I look in the mirror I can't see any difference.

Is this normal?

Replies

• p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yes. It takes a while for your head to take in what it's seeing infront of it in the mirror.
    I've lost 65lbs and sometimes I still see the old me. I was big for so long, that it's hard to see myself any other way.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    go back and look at you old pictures. Since you look at yourself every day you may not notice the change. Your older photos will help you see the change.
  • Ashergirl
    Ashergirl Posts: 1
    Options
    It is normal, and eventually as you begin to realize that you are smaller you will see it too....Just remember, you're down 15kg!!! That's awesome!!!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally normal! The mind plays dirty tricks.

Not to be a bummer, but it can take years for your brain to get caught up to the changes everyone ELSE can see. It was 5 years and nearly 200 pounds before I saw the difference... and there are STILL some days I question it. :-) But the GOOD news - hopefully, you feel better, have more energy, and your clothes fit!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The best thing I did was start taking pictures of my progress. Your brain can't pull any tricky business when you see the differences side by side.
  • schulze1975
    Options
    I am the same way. I have lost 29 lbs so far and my family can see a huge difference. I don't see it either but I have noticed that pants that wouldn't fit over my thighs 6 months ago fit loose now. I just keep with it and keep up with my food tracking and workouts and I know that one day I'll look in the mirror and say holy *kitten* I look awesome! just don't get discouraged..that has always been my downfall in the past. Keep up the amazing work!
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    It really is normal not to see it yourself for a little while. It took me about 45 lbs to look in the mirror and be like....wait a sec, is that me? I remember going to the grocery store and taking a double take at myself in the window as I walked.

Don't get discouraged, you have to remember, you see yourself everyday (lol), and it's hard to see the gradual change your body is doing. Before you know it, you'll look in the mirror and be like, OMG, I remember being bigger here...there...everywhere. Keep you head up! :flowerforyou:
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    PICTURES!!!!! That is when you will really see the difference.. 15 kgs is a lot of weight..! good job =)
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes it is pretty normal. Sometimes when we have been a certain weight for so long we have a hard time accepting otherwise. I am sure other notice a clear difference. You just don't see it because frankly you see yourself everyday!
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm nearing 20lbs down, and while I've seen the scale move, the inches go down, and my pants are looser, I fit in a size smaller (two sizes depending on brand), I really don't see too much of a difference in the mirror. But if you have a lot to lose, then it'll probably take a decent amount of weight to be able to really see the difference.
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes i know ive only lost 15lb but yesturday i was gonna babysit and when I opened the door The mom screams and says "I want to be as thin as u look so skinny."

I was like....O.o.....This lady is trippen on some good stuff.

Ive been told im shrinking but I look in the mirror and feel disappointed.

Ive been trying to just trick myself into just focusing on the day, thinking it'll all sum up someday.
  • stevieb3052
    stevieb3052 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm still not used to seeing the new me, despite being on maintenance for the last four months.

Enjoy the feeling of looser clothes and having more energy.
  • ady41
    ady41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have been there :) bump into a mirror at a store, saw myself and apologies :embarassed:
    I've lost over 80lb, so a lot of people don't recognize me but the feeling is absolutely great! Fighting with the last 10lb ...