desk excercises

Options
hi..just wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions for strength/toning exercises I can do sat at my desk (without looking completely nuts preferably) .. thanks.

Replies

• drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oh funny ideas come to mind:

Clench and unclench your butt muscles

If you can somehow do a chair pose, you will still look like you are sitting

If you have arms on your chair and no one can see you. Push yourself up with a hand on each arm using only your triceps.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I do dips on the counters at work (when everyone else is away :) LOL)

I also do wall pushups and lunges and stuff... people see me and go huh? and I just say I am stretching...
  • kris10stew
    kris10stew Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I need some good ideas, too!
  • mrscewinters
    mrscewinters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    look up fitbolt. I skip the goofey ones
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Do leg extensions under your desk. Just kick your legs straight out, lower them SLOWLY and repeat. Your quads will burn after a while.
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    bump
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I need tips too :))
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Write down in a spreadsheet things like:

Squats
    45 x 5 x 2
    65 x 5
    85 x 3
    105 x 2
    125 x 5 x 3

Then go home and lift weights. :bigsmile:
  • chenrytc2
    chenrytc2 Posts: 48
    Options
    Would it be possible to place small dumbells under your desk? You can do a set or two every hour. Also keep in mind stretching. Stretching muscles will help strengthen them and keep you ready for when you do exercise.
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh funny ideas come to mind:

Clench and unclench your butt muscles

If you can somehow do a chair pose, you will still look like you are sitting

If you have arms on your chair and no one can see you. Push yourself up with a hand on each arm using only your triceps.

haha...sounds like fun..will give it a go!
  • NikkiTompson
    Options
    I do dips on the counters at work (when everyone else is away :) LOL)

I also do wall pushups and lunges and stuff... people see me and go huh? and I just say I am stretching...

haha...keep going....like the dip idea though..thanks x
  • NikkiTompson
    Options
    Do leg extensions under your desk. Just kick your legs straight out, lower them SLOWLY and repeat. Your quads will burn after a while.

thanks..will give it ago.. x
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    What exactly are your goals? Are you just trying to keep from being bored at work? Honestly, that's all this stuff is going to get you.
  • NikkiTompson
    Options
    Would it be possible to place small dumbells under your desk? You can do a set or two every hour. Also keep in mind stretching. Stretching muscles will help strengthen them and keep you ready for when you do exercise.

good idea..I will get ridiculed for the weights...but sod them haha...will give it a go..if not will def stick to stretching..thanks
  • wisegirl_k
    wisegirl_k Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A good one I was told a long time ago, sit up straight with your back off your chair, lift your knees up (feet off the floor) so the backs of your knees/thighs are off the seat. Hold with your core, do not bend your back. Do it without holding on to your desk for more intensity.
  • NikkiTompson
    Options
    What exactly are your goals? Are you just trying to keep from being bored at work? Honestly, that's all this stuff is going to get you.

hi..yeah I understand the exercises that people are suggesting are not going to make big changes, but I why limit exercise to just the gym...I sit at my desk for 8hrs a day I might as well make it more fun..and get a little gain out of it as well....every little helps...plus 100 keg extensions a day sat at your desk will go some way to better form...no? :)
  • NikkiTompson
    Options
    A good one I was told a long time ago, sit up straight with your back off your chair, lift your knees up (feet off the floor) so the backs of your knees/thighs are off the seat. Hold with your core, do not bend your back. Do it without holding on to your desk for more intensity.

thanks...that sounds like an awesome stomach exercise....like u said good for the core...thanks