new to this

musicislove
musicislove Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Robin. I'm new to this. I'm a young mother trying to lose 30 lbs of baby weight lol. I could use all the help and ideas possible.

Replies

• Welcome. This is a great site. Log all your food. Measure and weigh so you know where you are. Take it one day at a time. When you need support or advice, come here. Good luck.
  • I joined today ... I also have baby weight to lose I have 2 young kids and I work full-time... how do you find time to excercise?
  • Best of luck to the newbies! You Must be motivated if you have chosen this week to start-too many temptations out there.
    There are a ton of great resources on this site and many people to keep you motivated. I know you will do great!
  • Anumie23
    Anumie23 Posts: 33 Member
    Very best of luck on this new adventure and life change. My brother is a personal trainer and he told me that the most important thing is the diet. He says that exercise is great but your body is going to move no matter what. Focus on a healthy diet and you'll have that extra energy to move. Thats what motivates me! One step at a time!
  • anndiva
    anndiva Posts: 2 Member
    I am also new to this. I stumbled upon it on my i-pod touch and I have to say that it is wonderful. I'm a 39 year old mother of two who has been struggling with weight issues most of my life. I have tried every diet and pill that's out there with little success. In July of this past year I followed weight watchers and lost 25 lbs but have since hit a plateau. I recently joined a gym to start burning some calories and jump start my metabolism. I think its working because I can see and feel a difference in the way my clothes are fitting. I'm really excited this time and feel like I may be able to break out of this slump I've been in for so long. This program lets me keep track of everything I eat along with my exercise and lays it all out in front of me. No more trying to keep track in a journal. This is what I really needed. It's guiding me along the way. Lots of luck to all of you doing the same thing. Its such hard work but with the effort put in, anythings possible.
  • Remember you have to look at this as a lifestyle change, not so much as a "diet". The diet part (the eating part) is very important. It's amazing what we can eat and put in our bodies when we aren't paying attention. I was consuming about three thousand calories a day and I didn't realize it. I'm limited to about 1300 calories according to MFP. That's a huge decrease.... I've come to learn that my body doesn't need three thousand calories... I can't eat the amount that I was once able to eat. I've retrained my body in a way and I think the mental aspect is very important also. Listen to your body, it'll tell you when to stop eating. I use to listen to my mind, and I would over eat... I no longer do that.
This discussion has been closed.