Breakfast twice a day?

Options
I am looking for quick lunch ideas and i really enjoy cerals.. which brings me to ask is it bad for me to have breakfast twice a day..? For example Porridge and natural greek yogurt for breakfast and then 2 weetbix with skim milk and a banana for lunch? followed by a protein shake for afternoon tea and a healthy meat and 3 veg dinner?

Replies

• jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    If you are meeting your macros for Protein/Carbs/Fat and keeping within your calories I don't see any reason why that would be a problem! I occasionally will have two dinners. One smaller when I get home from work and a little larger later on once dishes and laundry are done and real dinner has been made.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Cereal (unsweetened) is no worse than bread. So porridge or whatever with fruit and milk whenever you want it is not a big deal. I had a salad for "breakfast" yesterday. Only your Mom will chide you for it.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    it isn't bad to eat breakfast twice a day... I often get a craving for something and eat it two or even three times a day for a while as long as it fits in my cals (like omelets... I LOVE omelets...)

that doesn't look like it is very many calories though...
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    I am looking for quick lunch ideas and i really enjoy cerals.. which brings me to ask is it bad for me to have breakfast twice a day..? For example Porridge and natural greek yogurt for breakfast and then 2 weetbix with skim milk and a banana for lunch? followed by a protein shake for afternoon tea and a healthy meat and 3 veg dinner?

i love cereal too, would eat it three times a day if i could, but trying to (TRYING to) maintaing healthy macros!!lol!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    There is no reason you can't eat breakfast twice or even three times a day. Similarly, there's no reason you have to eat breakfast at all (if you don't like it). We can eat cereal for lunch and chicken for breakfast. As long as you are getting the nutrition you need, you will be fine.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good idea! I wouldnt mind trying it myself. I would eat my cereal breakfast and for dinner!
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would be concerned you're not getting enough fruits and vegetables. You're getting a different caloric profile if eat a breakfast omelet of spinach and mushrooms than if you eat cereal twice a day. Plus that's a lot of simple carbs in one day.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It's a damn good plan because it speeds up your metabolism so doing it twice is just going to make you lose even more weight.

Serious answer: It's fine, but not for the above reason. lol.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    The only thing better than eating breakfast twice a day is eating breakfast three times a day
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast 2-3 min after I wake up from sleeping or a nap so I jump start my metabolism and don't go into starvation mode
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Special K Diet Basics

special-k-diet

Eat two serves of Special K cereal a day and ½ cup low fat milk for breakfast and either lunch or dinner.
    The third meal should be a low fat and nutritionally balanced meal.
    Snacks may include fruit, vegetables, low fat yogurt or a Special K bar.
    Beverages may be consumed as normal with no strict limits required as long as alcohol is avoided. Water and diluted fruit juices are recommended.

Although calorie counting is not required the actual calorie intake is in accordance with requirements for weight loss for most individuals.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I don't have any specific foods labeled to when I can and can't eat them. If you want cereal at lunch, have it. Just make sure it fits in your macros.

Hell...I've had leftover spaghetti for breakfast before. There are no rules.
  • wait_loss
    wait_loss Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are talking about what Kellogs calls the Special K challenge. They suggest exactly what you mentioned only substituting Special K products instead. I think if the over all callories are under wht you are aloted then what the heck go for it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad?

Once I ate pancakes for dinner and woke up 2lbs heavier, therefor breakfast foods @ night = bad
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    If you call it 2 breakfasts youll get fat. If you call it second breakfast your ok because hobbits arent fat
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast cereal would turn my nose up at ice cream for a bowl of cereal. So I have to stay way from the cereal ilse, because there is no bought I'm addicted to the stuff!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad?

Once I ate pancakes for dinner and woke up 2lbs heavier, therefor breakfast foods @ night = bad

One time I ate oatmeal before bed, and the next day I killed a dragon with my hands, then made custom dragon-skin boots and a cape, and I also made a dragon-skinned purse for my lady.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    If you call it 2 breakfasts youll get fat. If you call it second breakfast your ok because hobbits arent fat

YES! :happy:
  • sarahroseconroy
    sarahroseconroy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok great, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to be too much simple carbs in one day however i usualy have two work outs per day so proabably need more carbs :)