Do I need to see my doctor?

Options
Hi All,

I have been on MFP since last Nov 2011 and have lost 40lbs thus far..I haven't had any problems until the recent months..I have been counting my cals and exercising regularly but without change to routine, have noticed that I randomly get dizzy spells..They hit at different times of the day and don't seem to follow any pattern within the week or month, etc. They only last a few seconds and if I stand still I will be able to carry on with what I am doing momentarily..A lady at work suggested seeing my doc if I am anemic and it has me really concerned now!! I take a women's multivitamin daily and have all along..Please let me know what you think :S Am I overreacting??

Also, (if I should see my doc) I have a yearly scheduled in Sept, should I wait and bring it up then or make an appointment earlier?

Thanks.

Replies

• weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Dizzy = Doctors visit

It may have nothing to do with your eating and working out.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I am not kidding when I say I am going through the exact same thing. My solution is to eat at maintenance and create an exercise deficit instead. I am on day 3 and have noticed a drastic improvement.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Don't you think that if you are wondering about seeing a Doctor for health issues you should do so and not ask us?

If at all concerned consult a doctor. It's that simple
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    last year, I suddenly began to experience vertigo. I went to the dr and he diagnosed the vertigo and attributed it to the fact that I had had an ear and sinus infection earlier that month. It went away about a week later without any medication.

Go in and have it checked out...you will feel better knowing what's up rather than guessing:)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    My advice, and this is simply if I was you, would be to go to see a doctor.

You really can not rely on the internet or MFP with a health issue.

I hope you feel better soon :-)
  • JayElleOh
    JayElleOh Posts: 61
    Options
    Thank-you :)
  • Brooke1076
    Brooke1076 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't think women's vitamins normally contain iron so it is possibly anemia
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Don't you think that if you are wondering about seeing a Doctor for health issues you should do so and not ask us?

If at all concerned consult a doctor. It's that simple

^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!
  • chojolitos
    chojolitos Posts: 100
    Options
    Ithink you should see your Doctor:flowerforyou:
    "Better be safe that sorry "
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Any time you think "should I see a doctor", the answer is probably yes.

I had some severe dizziness due to an inner ear inflammation at one time. My grandmother has Meniere's disease, which causes dizziness/vertigo and other ear issues.

Anyway, the doctor gave me a prescription for the inner ear inflammation, which I had a violent allergic reaction to - immediate flushing, hives, throat closing up, heart racing, etc. - needed an epi shot, antihistamines for several days, etc.

So see your doctor, but don't have an allergic reaction. That's my advice.
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    See a doctor but make it a Naturopath so you don't get started with drugs! Drug doctors kill people and NEVER fix the real problem!
  • weeblex
    Options
    See a doctor but make it a Naturopath so you don't get started with drugs! Drug doctors kill people and NEVER fix the real problem!

When I needed aesthetic because my head was cut I'm fairly sure that drug worked.

When I needed an anti-histamine for a serious allergic reaction, I'm pretty sure that fixed the problem.

When I had pneumonia and almost couldn't breath the anti-biotic fixed me.

I'm pretty sure the drugs do work, and don't kill people.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    lol
  • cordesbl
    cordesbl Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Pretty sure I have never read anything so ignorant as this statment.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

^ This is nonsense. Naturopaths are not real doctors and did not go through eight years of schooling and four years of internship...

Yes, OP, see a doctor if you are concerned. If you do not have health insurance, reach out to a free clinic or urgent care clinic even. I didn't have health insurance until this year and had a tattoo infection (my bad, not the shop's fault!!) in 2011...a visit to my urgent care with antibiotics administered and prescribed was about $250, and the prescription about $50 for five weeks of meds. Sounds a little big but you can put it on a card or work with the hospital to pay it off. Just some advice as these are money-conscious days.
  • ronaclark1
    Options
    I had these symptoms for over 6 month's, It was the most terrible thing in the world to live with. I went to the doctor who gave me antibiotics which made the symptoms worse. I had tight painful muscle's all around my neck and shoulder's and at time's my vision was blurry. I was diagnosed with tmj. I did not buy it! So I was also having some stomach issue's that were unexplained and I had a ct scan where nothing was found. I was also taking an awesome probiotic and was taking good care of myself, I seemed to be lagging in energy! My Gastroenterologist said that I should take Florastor or Align the cheap brand you can get from walmart. I bought what she reccomended and in one day every single symptom was gone! No Joke! I suffered for so long and dizziness can be an unknown symptom of the stomach. I was amazed! The stomach is the second brain of the body and when the bacteria become's slightly off you can have a variety of weird symptom's and wrong diagnosis. Try it you may be surprised.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Women's vitamins always contain iron. Makes me throw up.

But even if you are taking an iron supplement, you can still be anaemic. If you are celiac, bleeding in the gut, low on B12, etc.

• JayElleOh
    JayElleOh Posts: 61
    Options
    I appreciate everyones advice..well almost everyone, lol!
  • weeblex
    Options
    Anyone else get a personal message from "stonerdude" about drugs killing people?..... how can I take anyone with a name like that seriously? :smile:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I think you should see the doctor before September.