Pasta portion

Options
alexbusnello
alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
Tonight I'm having whole wheat pasta with home made tomato sauce.

Heres the pasta: http://www.catellihealthyharvest.ca/en_CA/products/whole_wheat_pasta/whole_wheat_spaghetti/

Now, how many cups is 85g? Is it 1/2 cup or only 1/4? I logged the recipe the best I could for tonight's dinner, and it's a fairly large number for so little on my plate.

Also, I said the recipe serves 4 people, but my Dad doesn't eat the proper portions, he eats a lot of it since he's a guy but it works for him. In fact, he's been losing weight but he doesn't need to anymore.

Anyways. How many people would it serve if everyone took the proper portions? I'm wondering if that will give me a more accurate reading for the recipes nutrition facts.

Replies

• alexbusnello
    Options
    Nobody?
  • Rowena02148
    Rowena02148 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    85g = 3/4 cup. I would buy a scale and weigh your pasta. I think it's more accurate that way.
  • Rory_123
    Rory_123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    85 grams is about a cup uncooked pasta
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    85g = 3/4 cup. I would buy a scale and weigh your pasta. I think it's more accurate that way.

Hmmm I'm trying to think if I have a cup with that measurement. If not, until I get a scale, how can I measure that amount with the basic measuring cups? I wasn't sure how much it was so I ate VERY little if it..... :/
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    I think I ate Very little today and didn't actually eat as much as my food log says..
  • ChristinaLB
    ChristinaLB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    with portions, I often go ahead and split up the portions and serve myself first so that others can get what they want and it doesn't throw me off.